Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New Shooter from TN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: New Shooter from TN

Welcome aboard, I'm a West Tennessean too. My profile indicates that I'm from the Mississippi Delta, but I actually live in Collierville. I listed the Mississippi Delta as my location because that's where I do about 99% of my hunting. I'm also a member of MSSA like Chris. I was there Saturday shooting my .300 Wby and 7mm Rem Mag. on the 100 yard range. I wouldn't say I'm a long range hunter, yet, but I do enjoy this site a lot and get quite a bit of useful information from it. I hope someday to have the equipment necessary to do some sure nuff long range hunting.

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: Delta Hunter ]
Old 06-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard Delta.

Hope you enjoy the site, we do.

Later
Darryl Cassel
Old 06-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Bronze Member

Delta Hunter, Thanks for the welcome. Don't worry, I won't hold being from Collierville against you. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding dude. It sounds like we are in the same boat as far as true LRH goes. I thought I was doing pretty fair, until I ran accross this site! Talk about getting humbled. Ain't it great?

texas, I love your state. Awesome whitetails in the deep southern brush country. Very impressive.

Dave King, you need to clean out your backpack. That stuff has expiration dates ya know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2002, 04:57 AM
Platinum Member

ShootMAgin

Coincidence? I was looking for some of my gear Sunday and came across another Granola bar wedged into the small recesses of my backpack, I thought I had all that stuff finally cleared out.

I did notice toward the end of the bear hunt that the pack was getting overly heavy and that's when I began the process of clearing out the dozens of Mars bars and munchies they forced on us. A fella WILL NOT starve in that bear camp, might die from a sugar rush or elevated cholesterol but never starve.

I'll be sending out the video to Gene in the next few days maybe he'll pass it around a bit.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:10 AM

Dave,
I had to take my backpack and guncase to the carwash in order to get the dirt out!!!There was an unexplainable quantity of Mars bars left in the drain at the car wash -
Gene