Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New Shooter from TN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Bronze Member

New Shooter from TN

Hi everybody. I have been a "lurker" for quite awhile and finally decided to register tonight. My boss and buddy "Bull" just came back from Canada with Dave King, where they had a heck of a good time. All the stories of killing bears and shooting guns got my blood pumping. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have a lot of questions to ask in due time, but first I just wanted to tell the site adminstrators that I have already enjoyed this site and I look forward to the topics in the future. Keep up the good work. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 06:16 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: New Shooter from TN

Welcome, hope you enjoy your involvement.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 06-08-2002, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy.

Ask Bull if he'd like a Mars bar or maybe a Granola bar or two!

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-08-2002, 06:13 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks Len & Dave. I'll be sure to ask about the Mars and Granola bars, but I'll have to wait until a large group of people are around. I love to get the full milage out of this stuff. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I heard Bull got a little "sugar" in the local grocery store up in Canada. You gotta watch that guy. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 06:54 PM

ShootMAgin--
Give me a call sometime and maybe we can get together to shoot. I live in Bartlett(outside of Memphis) and am a member of MSSA. We have ranges out to 600 yds with a 1000 yard range in the works. I'm always looking for someone to shoot with. Do you have any groundhogs there? They're pretty scarce here and I'm looking for a 1000 yd++ shot close to home.
Chris Jamison
(901)921-7833
Old 06-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

Hi Chris,
Glad to meet you. I only live about 50/60 miles north of you, straight up highway 51. There are a few groundhogs here, but none where I can get permission to shoot. Most of my LRS is done after our deer season on crows. My shooting range ( [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) is very limited this time of year, until the crops are cleared in the fall. At that time, I could probably get 800 to 1000 yards, but I am sort of new at those type distances. My background has mainly stopped at 300 yards, although I did make a confirmed drop in her tracks kill at 432 yards last year in Texas. I'll never forget the look on my guides face when he saw the shot hit, then a delayed splat. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I'll keep your number, and maybe we can hook up sometime, as I need all the tips I can get. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] My shooting time is pretty limited until the end of July, thanks to my 13 year old's traveling baseball.
Old 06-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Gold Member

Welcome to the best site on the net. I say that because I spend more time here than checking my e-mail [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . The people here are very nice and they will give you feed back even if out of the ordinary. They meaning DC, Boyd and Len (not to just single them out) and the rest of of family likes to take time out to explain what we are about. I'm not a pro unless you count squirrel hunting as a kid but, I"ve learned to respectthe thoughts and ideas that they share with us.Learning is good if the teachers can keep us interested.