Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: Which rifle?
This poll will close on 09-20-2014 at 07:52 AM
Poll Options
Which rifle?

Which new rifle? POLL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Silver Member

Which new rifle? POLL

I have a thread about this already so I appologize but I wanted to start a poll on it. I am looking for a no non-sense rifle to shoot out to 500 yards in 300win mag. Budget is ~1000$ plus or minus a bit. This is the furthest i can shoot here in NY so probably will never shoot further but I guess you never know. It does not need to be light weight as I already own a light weight rifle that i trust out to 300 yards for those long walk days in the woods BUT I also may want to avoid an extremely heavy weight rifle ( I know a few of the options I listed are heavy rifles) as I will need to walk a few hundred yards to the field locations I would use this rifle. I think max distance I would need to carry is a quarter mile. I will be shooting from multiple positions: Sitting/standing with shooting sticks, off a stable shooting rail in one particular tree stand, and occasionally prone. I will never be shooting it off hand. I know every company has lemons...but would like to avoid the more lemon prone companies. I will most likely not be customizing this rifle...but I do like the idea the savages can be re-barreled rather easily by yourself and the remingtons have lots of support so those are a plus. thanks guys!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which new rifle? POLL

117 views and only 11 votes? lol did I pick the wrong rifles lol...please feel free to leave comments if there are other rifles I should be looking into.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

I would try the Rem 700 Long Range. There around $700
Old 08-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Gold Member

Other -- Savage LRH in 300 WSM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Bronze Member

my vote is for the t3, all that i've had and have are real shooters. 25-06 can consistently place 3 under half all day long.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member

It was tough choosing between the Sendero and the 5R..... I have quite a few Senderos and a 5R Milspec. Both models are insanely accurate.

I am a sucker for fluted barrels, so I chose Sendero. But you can't go wrong with either one. 26" barrels are the way to go.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
It was tough choosing between the Sendero and the 5R....
5R....Insanely accurate, fit and finish is awesome, and its got a conservative look that I prefer over the black flutes of the sendero. If it was an older all black sendero it would be hard to choose.