Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New Remington trigger question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Gold Member

Re: New Remington trigger question

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to recall reading an article (written by some mangy old yotebait baiting critter) describing how to adjust the old Rem trigger. Wonder what the odds might be of a similar writeup about the new trigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

The new trigger is easy to adjust for trigger pull.

Use a 1/16th Allen.

There are two screws on the front of the housing. Pull weight is controlled by the lower screw (towards the bottom).

Insert the hex wrench (push it through the clear sealer if necessary). Turn counter clockwise until the trigger is loose, then tighten the screw until the pressure just holds the trigger forwards and if you pull it, it will return forwards.

This will give you somewhere between 18 oz and 20 oz.

Then turn the screw in until you have the weight you like.

I have worked on 4 so far, and have not seen one that needed adjustment for over travel or creep.

Seems that Rem got it right this time.

I have set mine at ~24 oz, and they work fine.

LRH member #23
Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

Hi you guys, When did Rem. change to the new trigger? I bought a 270 WSM this year. Would this have the new version?I was thinking I would need to take it to a smith. Is this something I should be able to do myself?
Thanks
Tim G
Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Hi you guys, When did Rem. change to the new trigger? I bought a 270 WSM this year. Would this have the new version?I was thinking I would need to take it to a smith. Is this something I should be able to do myself?
Thanks
Tim G

[/ QUOTE ]

Early spring of 2006.

Some rifles that are purchased recently might have the old one, cuz they have been sitting on the shelf, but any of the fast moving rifles will have the new trigger.

The new one is REAL nice, and Remington will replace the old triggers for free.

LRH member #23
Old 06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Silver Member

What do we need to do to have them replace the old ones? I have several rifles with the old trigger and I like them, but under about 2# they get a little tricky. If the new ones are an improvement then WOW! THanks in advance for any advise.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

Just call Remington customer service, and they will tell you what you have to do.

When I ordered my Sendero-II in Feb 2006, I heard that a new trigger was coming out. I called Rem to find out if my new rifle would have the old or the new trigger. They said my calibre was scheduled to be run in June/July, and they didn't know if I would get the old one or new one.

Well... I didn't want no steeenkin' new trigger. cuz I had rebuilt so many of the old ones that I could do it in my sleep, and I figured that the new one had to be worse.

But when I got the rifle, with the new trigger, it took me 5 minutes to love it.

It ain't no Jewell, but it ain't no $200 either.

LRH member #23
Old 06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

Thanks much!!! When I get a little time from setting up this new house I will have to give them a call.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks!