Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New product idea......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

New product idea......

I've got an idea on a rear rest that would be removeable and lightweight. In theory it would replace having to carry a sandbag into the field. and would fold up out of the way and still allow a sling to be used. problem is i don't know anyone that would be willing to listen to the idea and see if it'd be worth making a prototype of. Any members that'd be interested in hearing my idea, i'd be happy to share to see if you could help with the production side of things.
Nimrod
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New product idea......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod1203 View Post
I've got an idea on a rear rest that would be removeable and lightweight. In theory it would replace having to carry a sandbag into the field. and would fold up out of the way and still allow a sling to be used. problem is i don't know anyone that would be willing to listen to the idea and see if it'd be worth making a prototype of. Any members that'd be interested in hearing my idea, i'd be happy to share to see if you could help with the production side of things.
Nimrod
Is it something similar to Bipod Buddy Home ? If so, there are LRH members that are field testing it ...

Bipod Buddy Rear Suppor Review

Nonetheless, please don't let this hinder your plans. It's always nice to have more choices. Good luck!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Silver Member

No, it's a more of a monopod design that'd connect to the sling stud, be adjustable with 1 hand quickly, and pivot just 1 way as to make the rifle recoil straight back. you wouldn't have to carry anything else with you, and it'd be light weight(roughly 8-10 ozs).
Nimrod
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Platinum Member

nimrod,

PM me. That kind of thing is next on my to do list.

I promise I won't rob your idea. Really!

I have my idea pretty much formulated but am a bit weak on the one-hand squeeze to raise/lower the mono pod idea.......

I sent my prototype bipod to a fella here for his manufacturing feasibility assessment.

Haven't heard from him. Can't remember who I sent it to. Will most probably have to manufacture my own........bummer......
Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Silver Member

P.M sent.
Nimrod