Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

new non custom 700 sps 300RUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Bronze Member

Re: new non custom 700 sps 300RUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
That's Awesome! I've never had a Remington that I could not make shoot that well. I'm glad it worked out for you, and that you found a factory load it likes. Good shooting!
Thanks for the complement! Yeah I was worried because I bought 80 rounds of this ammo before the gun came in.so I was very pleased when I saw it loved the gun.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
That's awesome. I have a 300 RUM stainless BDL that would shoot 2 moa with Remington Scirrocos and Remington loaded Nosler Partitions (first loads they came out with). I changed the stock to an HS Precision and started handloading and now it shoots like yours! It's for sale too! Congrats on a great out of the box rifle that likes that load. One piece of advice, see if you can find the lot # of those rounds and buy all you can afford! It will hard to improve on that one.
Yeah I hope future factory noslers in this load are roughly just as consistent.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Are you keeping your brass? If not, would you be interested in saving it when you shoot, and sending it to me...With reimbursment for shipping + a little extra cash for your trouble?

I have been designing a bunch of wildcat cartridges and need some RUM brass for forming and testing, which is why I ask.

Thanks.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Gold Member

Mudrunner2005: I have a nice little batch of once fired and once fire reloads that I will probably not be reload/ using due to someone else reloading them I'd be more then happy to hook you up with these if you'll let me have a swing at the nosler brass?

Gotta love the 300 rum!! OP: you best go buy 10 more boxes so you never have to worry about nosler changing there load!! Lol

Good shooting and welcome to the 300rum family!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Hey, get your own Kool-Aid!

Yeah man, that's cool with me. What kinda "hook up" we talkin about if I let you swing on the Nossys?

Right now my wildcats are simply in the designed stage, but haven't been proprietized or made into reamers or reality yet. But I have a few of them that WILL knock your socks off. I have always been good at figuring out the downfalls to everything, so most of these are similar to current calibers, but highly improved on to fix some of their downfalls. Some of them are brand new and unique.

Especially the one I designed mainly for a buddy of mine, who is a huge .300 WM fan, and I showed him the design and I thought he was gonna have a heart attack! Hahaha!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 09-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Ill have to find and gather them up and get you a count.
Now if I could just find someone who has a few nosler 30-378 I'd love to get 3 or 4 new brass lol

Probably better pm from now on I always feel bad high jacking other people's threads.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 09-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
Ill have to find and gather them up and get you a count.
Now if I could just find someone who has a few nosler 30-378 I'd love to get 3 or 4 new brass lol

Probably better pm from now on I always feel bad high jacking other people's threads.
Works for me. Let me know when you get them counted up.

Sorry OP for the mini-hijack.

Quote: