Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

New to long range shooting

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 366
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
BTW if you are stuck on shooting factory ammo at least for now the Remington Accutip, Grizzly with the 130gr ScirroccoII, and Federal fusion 130gr have all shot very well for me out to 800yds in the .260 Rem.
remington premier accu-tip-180=the illusive hornady 180grn amax ;)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halfway between Lubbock and Dallas
Posts: 4,429
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by load View Post
remington premier accu-tip-180=the illusive hornady 180grn amax ;)
Really? Have a link for that bit of info?

Since hornady doesn't make the Amax in 180gr how is that possible?

http://www.hornady.com/store/searcha...1137&x=25&y=15

The interbond however comes in 180gr and has the exact same ballistic coefficient.

http://www.hornady.com/store/30-Cal-...-gr-InterBond/
__________________
Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 366
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Really? Have a link for that bit of info?

Since hornady doesn't make the Amax in 180gr how is that possible?

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Search results

The interbond however comes in 180gr and has the exact same ballistic coefficient.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Bullets :: Rifle :: Choose by Caliber :: .308 30 CAL :: 30 Cal .308 180 gr InterBond®
no they don't have it listed because its sold under remingtons name. however if you have bullet flight fte or several other ballistic apps you will see it listed and will be very impressed with its coeff (.58 g1). I emailed hornady about it some time ago. and no its not the interbond or the sst. the construction is similar to the sst but has a longer nose profile
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halfway between Lubbock and Dallas
Posts: 4,429
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by load View Post
no they don't have it listed because its sold under remingtons name. however if you have bullet flight fte or several other ballistic apps you will see it listed and will be very impressed with its coeff (.58 g1). I emailed hornady about it some time ago. and no its not the interbond or the sst. the construction is similar to the sst but has a longer nose profile
Straight from Hornady this morning. No it's not an Amax. It's basically an SST or Interlock but it's a Remington proprietary product that Hornady manufactures for them.
__________________
Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 366
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Straight from Hornady this morning. No it's not an Amax. It's basically an SST or Interlock but it's a Remington proprietary product that Hornady manufactures for them.
put it next to either one. its neither. ballistic fte has it listed as 180 amax i use this bullet all the time the .58 works also. its almost the same profile as the 178 grn amax just has a slightly longer nose and is crimped.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halfway between Lubbock and Dallas
Posts: 4,429
Re: New to long range shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by load View Post
put it next to either one. its neither. ballistic fte has it listed as 180 amax i use this bullet all the time the .58 works also. its almost the same profile as the 178 grn amax just has a slightly longer nose and is crimped.
It's the exact same BC is either the SST or Interlock and is structurally most similar to the Interlock.

That is according to the actual manufacturer of the bullet.
__________________
Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,093
Re: New to long range shooting

I don't usually take sides with wise ***** aka wildrose but a 178 amax has a .495bc the 180 interbond sst has a secant ogive virtually identical to the amax, actually a little longer, and has the cannelur "crimp" you speak of and carries a G1 avg of .547, only .58 at over 2600fps. And it is bonded, really do you think Hornady is going to market a bullet designated as "match only" as a hunting bullet, no they won't. I hunt with amax's they are very effective at extended ranges but up close they are extremely frangible.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: New to long range shooting
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello everyone, new to long range shooting dstewart51 Member Introductions 8 11-10-2012 03:26 PM
Long Range Shooting .308 or 300 Win Mag oklacpl Long Range Hunting & Shooting 5 07-23-2012 03:47 PM
Long Range Shooting Video & Shooting Simulation dariuszczyszczon Long Range Hunting & Shooting 11 04-02-2012 08:41 PM
Zero in for long range shooting WizardM Long Range Hunting & Shooting 12 10-04-2011 01:07 AM
Defensive Edge Long Range Shooting Class - Join Len Len Backus Long Range Hunting & Shooting 0 05-16-2011 01:12 PM

Current Poll
Are you on Facebook?
Yes - 46.66%
992 Votes
No - 19.00%
404 Votes
No, but I may join - 1.88%
40 Votes
No way, are you kidding? - 36.45%
775 Votes
Total Votes: 2,126
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC