Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New "Jamboree" idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2001, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member

New "Jamboree" idea

It's too late for this year but it's just the right time for next year.

How about we get a pile of us together and book a hunt with a known good long range hunting outfitter or just lump together on a public hunt!

Perhaps we can get a group thing with a outfitter, antelope, mule deer or elk.

It'll give us a year to get funds moved around and get the logistics taken care of.
Old 09-02-2001, 01:59 AM
Bronze Member

Re: New "Jamboree" idea

I was thinking of going back to WY. to hunt speed goats with my bust friend and his buddy if i can get enough wolves to pay for the ticket let me know when and where i have to be back in Alaska and working on wolves no latter than the 1st of Oct. but it sounds like fun to me and i will have my new 6.5 X 300 up by the second week of Nov. and hope to have it bloody by the third week :Coyote slayer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2001, 06:54 AM
*WyoWhisper*

I'm new here on this board but I think I can help with the New Jamboree idea. I live in Cody Wyo, and own and operate a guest ranch. I would be willing to offer the lodging and food at a discount ( because you guys would pitch in ;-) ) as well as research the good areas to hunt as they say "speed goats" (antelope) I would like to see guys from this board get to meet and have some fun. Feel free to e-mail me to discuss this !!! This sounds like a great idea!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2001, 11:14 PM

Dave,
You're ideas get me so reved up!!! I'm in if you can give enough advance notice. Hell, I should even have the new rifle I'm currently planning out with my riflesmith by the time you want to do this thing. As for the game, I like the prospect of "speed goats" best! I've never hunted them (much less taken one), but have always wanted to.

Regards,
D.H.

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: David P. Herne ]
Old 09-23-2001, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member

That sounds interesting Wyowhisper.

I think most of the fellows here have some guns they want to reach out with.

My 338/416 Rigby Imp will be there along with some others that like to reach out REAL far.

Let me know when for sure. We need to know about license fees and seasons and such also.

Later
Darryl Cassel
Old 09-23-2001, 06:55 PM
*WyoWhisper*

Darryl,

I hope we get enough guys to do this. The dead line for application is March 15th. I will have to check on the price. I think $250ish. Don't quote me on that.
If there are enough interested we can apply as a group. that way if one person in the group draws a license then we all draw!!!

The season is right now thru Oct.

We need to keep on top of this so I have an idea who is interested.

I market my Guest Ranch in Feb. in Harrisburg PA at the sportsman show. I can bring all the info. needed then.

I hope this comes together.. I should have a long range rig put together by then as well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2001, 07:12 PM
PUBLISHER

It sounds interesting to me. If it was part of the last couple weeks in September I could also do my wildlife photo trip to Yellowstone that I just cancelled for tomorrow.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors