Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New hunter.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

New hunter.

Well here is the picture of my son and his first ground squirrel. We went out to the desert to shoot targets and found a hillside crawling with vermin so we took it upon ourselves to thin 'em out a touch. We tried talking him on to several nearby targets but he had a hard time seeing them. This poor critter was seen running and paused just a bit too long for my li'l buckaroo and his Li'l Buckaroo with its 16 inch micro grooved barrel and his fancy schmancy new scope. He beaned it shooting Winchester standard velocity HP ammo at a range of 21 yards.

First of many my friends, first of many. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (beaming with pride)

Notice the VHA patch on the knee. You know this picture is getting sent in for the members photos section. Couldn't have planned it better if I tried. I wonder if they will put it next to GGs 1877 yard photo if I ask them nicely.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Gold Member

Re: New hunter.

Good deal 4ked. He looks very excited but probably not as much as you!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Silver Member

Good shootin lil buckaroo!
I think they (VHA) might especially if you give the gun a catchy name like BOAG. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
GG better watch out he has some competition.
Got some bad news though... the kid looks like you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Especially when looking at us through that crappy scope he has.

(jab, back at'cha [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 05-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Silver Member

I knew something looked familiar. Now if my kid could have killed something with that scope maybe I might have held on to it. Just kidding. It is perfect where its at. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

That is why I put that text block on the picture. I wanted you to see that it is being used and appreciated. And when this son moves on to a bigger gun the 3 year old will be using this gun and scope for a few years as well.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

7RUM. We were doing "high fives" and "WOOHOOs" and it made the longer shots the adults were taking seem like no big deal. Which BTW, his old man (me) made a hit on a similar sized ground squirrel at 221 yards with the mini14. But this 21 yarder was MUCH more exciting.