Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

new here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Gold Member
Re: new here

mtmuley: Your right IMO that the leupolds are proven. You'll get alot of people saying that there glass isn't as good as brand x or that there over priced. But I gotta tell ya after looking through my buddies nightforce and my mark 4 at the range at 1200 yards, be both feel that the glass in my mk4 is a little sharper at that range which is strange because all people talk about is how the nightforce is the best thing out there. There great to be sure but sometimes the most expensive is not the most impressive. Out of all the scopes I've used(nightforce, mk4, vxIII, Zeiss, swarovski, Us optics, s&b) the only onces there is a very clear advantage in the glass department IMO is the swarovski and the S&B. Maybe I'm getting lucky w/ my leupolds or maybe they actually do know how to make scopes as there 100 year track record suggests. Anyhoo good luck on the adventure it's a fun one.

Unread 06-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member
Re: new here

I spent my Sunday morn mounting the new Nikon on the Model 70 I picked up last eve off a neighboring rancher. I see now why they call the 70 the "Riflemas Rifle". After I got it mounted and bore sighted on my bench I spent about 20 min handling it ad getting used to the Nikon BDC reticle. I think I may like this better than my other 5 rifles. Cant wait to get some SST ammo and sight it in on the local range...

NRA Life Member