Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New bullet that never misses.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

New bullet that never misses.

Hold up. Cancel all your custom builds. You really need to read about this.

This is what I need. It will put all these custom rifle makers out of business. It corrects its direction 30 times a second. Will be pinpoint accurate out to 1 mile or more. ----------

Sandia Labs' bullet doesn't miss

joseph

PS: Read the comments at bottom. You will enjoy them.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

Re: New bullet that never misses.

I think it is a very interesting idea but it is really a minature smart bomb without any HE warhead .
I can't see that it will ever have enough muzzel velocity in a case smaller than about 50BMG as it takes up a lot of powder space as far as I can see.
For a shoulder mounted gun the recoil might be severe but maybe an auto shock absorbing system could be developed.
Bullets would be a bit expensive for Elk or wild hogs I would think.
It could bring out a whole new area of sniping from tanks and armour vehicles where the heavy gun and laser can be mounted quite easy. Or the target could be lased from a forward observer.
It would be way cheaper to take out an idividual rather than use a larger smart munition .
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

I knew it would happen eventually, DARPA came out with the EXACTO program years ago for just that, a guided bullet. Hopefully our enemies dont get their hands on it! God knows an undamaged stray bullet picked up by a random Arab would get bought immediately by Russia/China/Iran/NK.

Kinda sucks because now it wont take nearly the skill. It almost seems eerily similar to way back when gunpowder/firearms first hit the scene and the longbow archers who had built that skill up over the course of their lifetime were replaced by regular guys who picked up a smoothbore and got trained on it for just a week and was even more effective.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member

My bullets do that already. I have been training them for years.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Has anyone read the replies at the bottom of the article? You will love them.

joseph