Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New build question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

New build question

My smith wants a dummy round to get my chamber right. I have no brass and I certainly can't fire form any. What should I do? I have a lot of time before he needs it. My barrel is 5 months out but even if I find brass it'll just be new brass and never fired. Just not sure how that'll work. Any advice would be great.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Gold Member

Re: New build question

I bet he is just looking to set the throat depth for the bullet you want to use. If your setting up a single shot you don't have to stick with a short throat and worry about magazine length. If that's the case you just need a piece of new brass sized and your bullet of choice seated to whatever you want. That is working off a couple of assumptions there.(not good I know)

It sounds like a conversation about what your both trying to accomplish would be the best advice.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

Re: New build question

I agree. Im trying to get all my ducks in a row so hes not waiting on me when that time comes. getting everything ordered is stressful! fun but stressfull