Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nephews first whitetail 11 point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Silver Member

Nephews first whitetail 11 point

He is nine year old made 160 yd. shot deer came out his dad had to wake him the deer was behinde a bush in edge of field coming toward them while they were getting gun up he saw them then turned his dad saw horns said buck son he started running his dad had to holor to get him to stop he told him in shoulder son , son said dont see no horns then in seconds shot the buck flenched and bolted dad said give me gun i might need to shoot him again but he pilled up before he got to edge of field his head was facing toward them dad said he is a rack buck son,then he holored at me on the radio and said i got me a 11pointer unckle dewayne it was all i could do to sit in stand and keep hunting to give him and his dad time to enjoy this experience together, hope yall enjoy as much as we did maybe i done ok job with this story enjoy everyone great hunting
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Nephews first whitetail 11 point

Im speachless

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Gold Member

Congrats to the boy, Dad and Uncle Dewyane. Them first ones make a mark that lasts a life time. Bring um up right.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat head View Post
He is nine year old made 160 yd. shot deer came out his dad had to wake him the deer was behinde a bush in edge of field coming toward them while they were getting gun up he saw them then turned his dad saw horns said buck son he started running his dad had to holor to get him to stop he told him in shoulder son , son said dont see no horns then in seconds shot the buck flenched and bolted dad said give me gun i might need to shoot him again but he pilled up before he got to edge of field his head was facing toward them dad said he is a rack buck son,then he holored at me on the radio and said i got me a 11pointer unckle dewayne it was all i could do to sit in stand and keep hunting to give him and his dad time to enjoy this experience together, hope yall enjoy as much as we did maybe i done ok job with this story enjoy everyone great hunting
Heck of a way to get a kid started. He's likely to spend a great many years in pursuit of anything bigger than 11 though HA!

Congrats.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-OleMan View Post
Congrats to the boy, Dad and Uncle Dewyane. Them first ones make a mark that lasts a life time. Bring um up right.
The only way in my book maybe will keep them out of trouble, My grandson who is seven was mad at me because i left him at home that day but it was to cold that day for him upper twentys he said i could of shot it never the less he was hurt at me start them young i say i told my nephew he may hunt a lifetime and not beet that deer
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Heck of a way to get a kid started. He's likely to spend a great many years in pursuit of anything bigger than 11 though HA!

Congrats.
Exactly i told him he may hunt a lifetime and not beet that
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Waaay to go ------------------------------------------ BOOM