Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

Just found a bit of land in the Casper area, myself. There ain't anything cheap there. I'm planning on moving there in a short time for my retirement! Can't hardly wait.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
SPONSOR

hope you like the wind.... Casper has highest suicide rate in the whole state.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

when the wind stops blowing there,,, people fall over [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
hope you like the wind.... Casper has highest suicide rate in the whole state.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

when the wind stops blowing there,,, people fall over [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
you want to talk about the wind. i can tell you about the wind come down to corpus christi ,TX where the trees grow side ways from the wind pushing on them. we have 20-30mph winds here all the time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Silver Member

thats the gods honest truth
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Silver Member

I was looking at the Sundance area, my gun manufacturer is there (MOA) and I know an electrical contractor there too. (on the same road).
I just have to convince the wife to move there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I hunted the Casper area last year for antelope and know what you mean about the wind, and heard about the suicide rates too. I wanted to get a sticker I saw with the little guy 'whizzing' into the wind with the caption 'Damn that WY wind' Still haven't found one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Gold Member

Randy,

I'm not a WY resident any longer, I'm back in AR where I am originally from. I did however have a (mainly) summer home outside of a little town called Pinedale. I spent summers there for about 8 years. Pinedale is located about 70 miles (as the crow flies) south and a little east of Jacksone Hole. It is at the transition line between the mountains and the sage flats. Hunting and fishing oppotunities are awesome in the area. Pdogs, yotes, rockchucks for varmints on to deer, elk, moose, bear........the flyfishing on the Green and New Fork rivers ain't bad either! The Wind River range is right behind town with several 12 to 14 thousand foot peaks. There are lots of trailhead access point into the mountains right outside of town.

Land is not too bad as long as you get a little out of town and don't have a river or mountain view. As a previous poster pointed out, mountain views equal $$$$ the closer and better the view the more. Save your money on the land, there you can drive to a mountain view in 5 miles from just about anywhere around.

Awesome, Awesome country, I hope to have a place out there again in a few years. The summers are just wonderful out there, but short.......the snow melts in May and you could get a good snow on into June. You can expect it to start again sometime in Sept and usually starting to pile up sometime in Oct or Nov. In a word the winters are simply "BRUTAL" and long..........I guess that was two words [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

No income taxes, lots of critters, good people, plenty of room to roam and shoot........what more could you ask for.....Go for your dream!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member

I was told once that if you want to make a million bucks in ID/WY/MT you have to work a million hours. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

So far he was spot on.