Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Bronze Member

Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

I notice the state does not want to help out of state people locate there! I will want to live near areas where I can do serious rockchuck shooting at extreme distances. I need to buy a small lot away from civilization but close enough to be safe from theft when I was away from home.
Any help will be appreciated. I hope to quickly find a serious long range shooting nut for a companion.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need a Wyoming contact to help me prepare for retirement

Not from WY but........

I gather rock chucks by the hundreds are few and far between. PDs, on the other hand, are extra numerous.

I'd consider looking around Ft. Bridger, in the southeast corner. Kind of a central location for WY, CO, UT and ID.

Easy drive to anywhere in the west, (by western standards [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I would suppose the crime rate in WY is pretty low. Lowest number of illegals in the US. Everyone owns a gun and usually has it handy. And they don't hesitate to get'er out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, winters are Loooonnnng and summers are hot and short. Mean wind velocity is about Mach II but the direction is pretty constant [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Silver Member

Lowest number of illegals?

Was that before or during the recent energy boom?

Also, I know that with this energy boom the crime rates have increased greatly. The living expenses in areas has risen dramatically and jobs at Walmarts and McDonalds are paying in the $20/hr range. I even heard that the Walmart in Gillette suspended their drug testing policy so that they could actually hire enough people (rejects from mines, oil and gas) to even open up.

If you can find an area of the state where this isn't an issue, the state is pretty neat and definetly gun friendly.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 AM
SPONSOR

FROM WYOMING AND A RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTOR.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WE ARE ONLY STATE IN THE NATION WITH MORE CRITTERS THAN PEOPLE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

YOUR LUCKY DAY !! LOL
Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

You want to move thousands of miles just to shoot these poor defenseless critters

maybe a couple of these too?

You may want to contact a Broker to help you find something to your likeing? Email me and I can recommend a good one in the Casper area.
Be prepared though something with a mountain view is gona be $$$$
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Gold Member

i went to Jackson hole this past winter and fell in love. i think that it would be hard to find a place with more animals. we set eating lunch and saw tons of elk two moose one coyote and some big horn rams all in one meal. i wish i could find a way to make a living i would be gone in a hart beat. what do people do up there for a good living.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM

own walmart