Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

need some help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Re: need some help please

Here is some ammo to consider:

Hornady SUPERFORMANCE Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 180 Grain SST Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Federal Premium Gold Medal Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 190 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point Boat Tail Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Cor-Bon Performance Match Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 190 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Hornady SUPERFORMANCE Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 165 Grain Gilding Metal Expanding Boat Tail Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 180 Grain Nosler AccuBond Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 180 Grain Tipped Triple-Shock X Bullet Boat Tail Lead-Free Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Hornady Custom Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 150 Grain Super Shock Tip (SST) Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Federal Power-Shok Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 180 Grain Speer Hot-Cor Soft Point Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Federal Power-Shok Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 180 Grain Speer Hot-Cor Soft Point Box of 20 - MidwayUSA This would be a good score if you can find it and it works good in your rifle.

Black Hills Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 190 Grain Match Hollow Point Boat Tail Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 300 Winchester Magnum 165 Grain Trophy Bonded Tip Box of 20 - MidwayUSA

Well this gives you a taste as to what is out there. You may get lucky and find your rifle likes to shoot the Remington Core-Lokt at your local Wal-Mart. So start sending rounds down range and see what it likes.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Wow thank liltank and all of you!!!!.I willlet you all know what i find that work's.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads300winmag View Post
it weight is around 11 pounds
trigger is set at 2lbs even
it has a leupold mark4 4.5x14x50 LR/T with m1 dials with a hollond scope level
it is braked
Very good start. I'd say you have a life-time rifle there.

I don't understand you $ thinkin' though.

I randomly selected some of the offerings liltank listed. 4 selections came to $151.46 or $1.89 per shot or 189.00 per 100. Ouch!! May as well be shooting a extreme magnum of some sort (Allen Mag or Snipe Tac)

I'd figure that you will be into several hundred dollars in shells by the time you get sighted in, drop chart developed and enough practice to become confident for all your extreme range shots.

Do some shopping around. I've seed RCBS JRs used for $40.00 in pawn shops. They were good ones too. No looseness in the ram. Select a bullet, a powder and primers. Do some "searching" for starting loads, ask questions here, and you'll get a leg up on things.

If your not set up with a reloading room that's OK! The kitchen table will do. I even use a sturdy coffee table. Wife and I are in a short term apartment for awhile and I get along fine........for the most part.

I built this gizmo in 1966. I has served me well since! As long as the wife isn't sewing when I wish to reload or otherwise use my stuff.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
need some help please-img_1412.jpg