Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need some advice, maybe a gunsmith for my Sendero 300 RUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 PM

Need some advice, maybe a gunsmith for my Sendero 300 RUM

I bought this rifle brand new last year. Its all stock except for the Holland muzzle brake I had a gunsmith in Dallas put on it.

I just got into reloading and worked up some good accurate loads for elk hunting.
92 gr Retumbo, 210 Berger VLD, COAL 3.63
My only problem is they don't cycle through too easy from the magazine. Almost like I'm a tad long. They stack fine in the magazine, but after I shoot once, and eject the shell and try and load the next round, the next round always get's hung up and doesn't go into the chamber without manually grabbing the shell and placing it where it needs to be.

It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to be able to use the bolt action they way it should.

Can this be fixed relatively easy by a gunsmith? How much coin should I expect to drop on this? Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need some advice, maybe a gunsmith for my Sendero 300 RUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaillac View Post
I bought this rifle brand new last year. Its all stock except for the Holland muzzle brake I had a gunsmith in Dallas put on it.

I just got into reloading and worked up some good accurate loads for elk hunting.
92 gr Retumbo, 210 Berger VLD, COAL 3.63
My only problem is they don't cycle through too easy from the magazine. Almost like I'm a tad long. They stack fine in the magazine, but after I shoot once, and eject the shell and try and load the next round, the next round always get's hung up and doesn't go into the chamber without manually grabbing the shell and placing it where it needs to be.

It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to be able to use the bolt action they way it should.

Can this be fixed relatively easy by a gunsmith? How much coin should I expect to drop on this? Thanks.
Why don't you call the gunsmith who did the brake for you and discuss it with them?

It's very hard to diagnose your issue without seeing exactly how and why the rounds are not feeding properly.

Does it have any issues with factory rounds?

Are the hanging in the magazine or are they popping up properly and then not feeding into the chamber properly?

Are they just popping half way up and then hanging?