Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need a Soft Gun Case for a longer rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Silver Member

Need a Soft Gun Case for a longer rifle

What kind of soft and hard gun cases are you guys using for your longer rifles. I have a Weatherby Mk5 Accumark I need specifically a soft case for and it will not fit in a standard 48" scoped rifle case. I believe I need a 52" case at the minimum. Where can I find one? Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need a Soft Gun Case for a longer rifle

You should check these things out! They are really nice soft cases with good padding. It has a pretty substantial zippers and nice size pocket on the one side. They can embroider anything you want on the pocket. My cousin has one. When I get the money around, I plan on getting one. His rifle is around 56" in length and fits with ease.

Long Rifle Case, 338 Lapua, premium quality, soft rifle case tactical case

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM
SPONSOR

I use a drag bag.... there are many makes out there. Plus, most come with a shooting mat and plenty of pockets to stow extra gear.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:30 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
You should check these things out! They are really nice soft cases with good padding. It has a pretty substantial zippers and nice size pocket on the one side. They can embroider anything you want on the pocket. My cousin has one. When I get the money around, I plan on getting one. His rifle is around 56" in length and fits with ease.

Long Rifle Case, 338 Lapua, premium quality, soft rifle case tactical case

Tank
great link ! gonna have to order an extra of those. Have one drag bag and 4 rifles that need a long case. cheaper than a quality drag bag too !
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero_Man View Post
great link ! gonna have to order an extra of those. Have one drag bag and 4 rifles that need a long case. cheaper than a quality drag bag too !
They are really nice. I was very impressed with the workmanship and quality of padding. It is thinker than it looks in the pics. The cloth on the inside is very soft.

Tank
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero_Man View Post
I use a drag bag.... there are many makes out there. Plus, most come with a shooting mat and plenty of pockets to stow extra gear.

What stock is that?

Tank

Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 AM
SPONSOR

Manners GAT stock. 90% Carbon

I run their T5 stocks too... really happy with them. Great in all positions !

90% Carbon T5 stock, mini chasis system....

T5A with KMW logger head

Last edited by Sendero_Man; 09-23-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: added pic