Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need information on Exotic Hunting Ranches....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Need information on Exotic Hunting Ranches....

Does anyone have a referral to a quality Exotic Game Ranch. I am looking to book some hunts to field test the Allen Mags here in the next couple months and have contacted a few but have not been impressed with their desire to return phone calls or e-mails.

Being in Montana, I am looking to stay in the central to northern sections of the US but I would go as far asouth as Oklahoma and Missouri if the Ranch was a quality set up.

I am looking to hunt Axis bucks but exotic sheep as well, really any ranch with horned or antlered exotic game where I can test the Allen Mags.

Thanks for the information and time,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Need information on Exotic Hunting Ranches....

Hay Mr. How's it going? Well, I do not know of any off the top of my head, but I have used this site http://www.theoutpostmall.com/outfitters.htm to find outfitters in Maine, PA and Canada for hunts in the past and found it a great starting place.

It might take you some you some time to look through all the outfitters and ranches in the areas which you would like to hunt, but you seem to have so much of that (time) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that you probably will not mind looking. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I know its not exactly what you asked for but, I thought it might help. If you go to the links for the outfitters and ranches you will get all sorts of info. Most will list prices as well as animals available and info on facilities.

Good Luck and Have Fun,
Ben
Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Shadowman
Thanks for the link, I will look it over here soon. I am expecting your reamer any day now so when it arrives I will drop you an e-mail letting you know.

Thanks again,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

No experience on these raches myself but I have a buddy that does Ram hunts in TX. If you are interested in talking to him, I can give you his number. All kinds of rams!!!

Other than that, here is a link to a forum with some reviews. Not sure if they are openminded to longrange hutning or not???

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/php...forum.php?f=11

Later,
Kyle
Old 03-02-2005, 09:56 AM

Fifty,
Per our phone conversation a few weeks ago; I've been looking, but haven't come across any one place that really stands out as being superb. Still looking though. Will e-mail you when I find what you're looking for. Mike
Old 03-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Thanks guys for the information and time spent looking.

I appreciate the help,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Silver Member

Kirby, No problem, I've been busy working on daughters rifle right now. If you go to General Discutions I'll do a post with your name and show ya pics of it so far. This way I do not hijack your post.

Thanks,
Ben