Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Need info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Need info

Also posted in reloading forum.

Now before you call me nuts, I want to try something and I know its going to take a little time to do this. Can anybody tell me what powder is used in the making of 22lr ammo? Is there any way I can get a hold of primed blanks that I might be able to experiment with loading my own?

I have this grand vision of fitting a 22lr with a 35 or 40 grain Hornady v-max. I have access to a couple of machine shops that may help me out developing a shell holder and a die. Just want to know if I can buy preprimed rimfire.

Thanks in advance,
Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Need info

What are you going to do about the larger diameter and non-rebated base of the v-maxes versus the 22LR bullet/case?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need info

Dang, I knew I missed something. I forgot that 22's were a smaller diameter. That would explain why they don't make them. Thanks for the reminder. I suppose they would slip down the barrel, but the pressures might be a little to much.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!