Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

need help montana hunting trip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Re: need help montana hunting trip

Thanks guys i have ordered the block management for all the zones i will check the other areas you have talked about my email is kcolby.colby@gmail.com thanks.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM

If you are planning on hunting blm where there is also private land in the area you might consider:
Hunting GPS Maps - MT-BLM4GPS - Montana Public/Private Land Ownership Topo Maps for your GPS

The game wardens are very agressive about ticketing people who hunt the wrong side of the line.

The above link is a gps mapping program that shows clearly when you are on the right side of the fence.

Good luck on your montana elk hunt.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:38 PM
GNERGY

I got to hunt Montana 8 yrs ago 2 yrs in a row. I saw bigger mule deer around the powder river area and towards powderville. There were a couple places where the land owners wanted you to hunt their land, they got $10. per day per hunter from fish and game. They were telling me that in the winter the deer would come and eat the bales of hay for the cattle. He said a lot of times he would just shoot the deer and leave them lay cause he didn't have the time to clean em.
I also hunted around walling reef and the north fork depuyer creek, bob marshall wilderness area where I shot my mule deer. It was a 3x4 around 22 inches wide.
My friend Eric lives in Great falls.
I want to go back and hunt Montana again.
Tarey