Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

need better scope what one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Gold Member
Re: need better scope what one?

What about falcon scopes? Any on here used them?

Unread 06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Guys that have them in the sniper world like them, but they are hard to come buy. I was too impatient and bought my Nikon that I have been very happy with. If you go that route make sure you get the FFP model. You'll benefit from it when using your mil-dots.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Got a falcon menace 4 14 44 a few weeks back. Have dialed it up and down the thousand yard range Several Hundred rounds since, and can't say enough good things about it...... tracks excellent, turrets are solid, clicks/detents are precise, glass is as good as any Mk4 Leupold I've had(at night also!), very sturdy and reticle is spot on for range extimation and reticle holdover matches dope. Front focal plane reticle works great, doesn't get to small on low power and doesn't get big and fat like some I've looked through on high power.......(imo) they got it just right! Has like 90 moa equivalent of adjustment, I got the mil/mil version and also can't say enough good things about having a recticle that matches the dials!! With my .243 I can use the reticle, with a mil mark to spare, out to a thousand....which is very nice.