Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My Trip To Defensive Edge Long Range Shooting School

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

re: My Trip To Defensive Edge Long Range Shooting School

Glad you guys enjoyed the post.

I encourage anyone that is serious about LR hunting to take this class. I had taken game before past 1100 yards on more than one occasion. But I learned from this class and feel my effective range is increased and also my percentage of cold bore hits will be better to greater distances.

Not to mention it was a BLAST!!!! Thinking of Len and the others driving up this morning as I type this makes me want to jump in the truck and head that way. Hey it's only a 5 hr drive maybe I can catch them..

Jeff
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
PUBLISHER

24+ hours for me. -)

Last edited by Len Backus; 12-13-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Check with Shawn or on the Defensive Edge web site for 2012 pricing, Remember I signed up in 2010.

I think the 160's would be fine, but surely not as capabile as a 300 gr .338. One of the guys in this class was shooting a 284 with 162 A-Max's and he was sending them way out there. So the answer is yes, as long as the rifle will hold 1 moa groups. For a scope a 5.5x22 would be my choice. Go with .25 moa turrets. Also I would not go with an MLR ret. as it is in mils. I would go with a NP-R1, it is in moa and is useful to measure targets and correct for the next shot.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I'll check into it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

Great post Broz! I live in the same town as Shawn and was trying to I.D: the Mt
It sounds like Shawn is runing a great school with some with some outstanding hands on as well as pretty good chow! I'm with Roy though on the steak and ketchup......Geeeez!......Rich
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
24+ hours for me. -)
Hey... no whining on this Forum... It's 124+ hours for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Gold Member

broz,

Have you changed the way you do anything, since the class? do you still use the same program? still input the same information etc?

I have already taken the class, but like you mentioned, it was so much fun, i would like to do it again!

thanks,

bill
Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Bronze Member

I took the class a few years ago and had a great time. Shawn has added a few "new and improved" items since then. Wall Tent, TV, meals ... sounds like I need to go again. I is well worth the trip.

As far as the cast on his arm goes it just goes to show that he is now too old to drive a 4 wheeler in the mountains!

Mark