Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My Trip To Defensive Edge Long Range Shooting School

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Gold Member

re: My Trip To Defensive Edge Long Range Shooting School

Is Shawn in a cast, what did you guys do to him? Is that turquoise, couldnt get a camo one?

Last edited by pyroducksx3; 07-25-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Sponsor

Broz,

It was great having you and the other guys up for the class, a great group. The 2300+ testing was pretty cool as well. Yes, I am in a cast. It is green seems they do not have Mossy Oak Breakup in stock. Leaving in a few hours to meet Len and the other guys for the years last class.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Broz,

The ONLY readily glaring comment-able observation is KETCHUP with a Steak!!!! What's that about???

Great Post Broz!
Roy, No man, thats not Ketchup...... It's Montana Sauce..
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
What does a class like that cost? I'm very interested.

And do you think a Sendero 7mmSTW shooting 160gr AccuBonds would work good? Don't have a good long range scope on ot yet. But been thinking about a 8-32x56 Nightforce NXS with the MLR reticle. Do you think I would need a higher magnification scope than that?
Check with Shawn or on the Defensive Edge web site for 2012 pricing, Remember I signed up in 2010.

I think the 160's would be fine, but surely not as capabile as a 300 gr .338. One of the guys in this class was shooting a 284 with 162 A-Max's and he was sending them way out there. So the answer is yes, as long as the rifle will hold 1 moa groups. For a scope a 5.5x22 would be my choice. Go with .25 moa turrets. Also I would not go with an MLR ret. as it is in mils. I would go with a NP-R1, it is in moa and is useful to measure targets and correct for the next shot.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coues7 View Post
Nice write up. Can Broz or Shawn give us some more details on the shooting "chair".

Scott
You mean the shooting bench? That was built by Bob and works great. It will adjust up to angles by screwing the front leg down and back legs up. Also the seat swings left or righ for both left and right shooters. 90% of the shooting we did was prone, but from camp to get over the close trees this benchwas the ticket. Very stable, even to 2300 plus yards.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Funny thing about timing. Broz, thanks for the heads up. I'll be meeting Shawn in the morning to start this same class.

You are in for a treat Len!! I hope you do a write up as well. I would love to hear what you think and to hear if your shooting skills advanced as I feel mine did in only 4 days.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroducksx3 View Post
Is Shawn in a cast, what did you guys do to him? Is that turquoise, couldnt get a camo one?
Ha ha, yes be has a bumbed up arm anda pretty serious brake. I offered my expertice in removing casts. I have removed several of my own. But since his was only a week or two old he opted to leave it on a few more days.

Didn't slow him down a bit as he shoots left hand anyway.

jeff