Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My new Tikka Superlight.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Bronze Member

My new Tikka Superlight.

I got tired of packing my 15lb custom around on hunts so I decided to get a dedicated lightweight hunting rifle. I went with a Tikka T3 Superlight in 7mm RM. I topped it with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 in Talley lightweight rings. It weighs 8.5 lbs as it sits with 3 rounds in the mag.

Going to shoot 150gr Barnes TTSX's and have a couple pounds of Retumbo to start with. Plan to use this as a mid range (600 yards) elk and deer rifle. I really like the feel of this rifle and hope is shoots as good as others I have seen. I plan to put it in a McMillan Gamescout eventually.

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

Re: My new Tikka Superlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzero View Post
I got tired of packing my 15lb custom around on hunts so I decided to get a dedicated lightweight hunting rifle. I went with a Tikka T3 Superlight in 7mm RM. I topped it with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 in Talley lightweight rings. It weighs 8.5 lbs as it sits with 3 rounds in the mag.

Going to shoot 150gr Barnes TTSX's and have a couple pounds of Retumbo to start with. Plan to use this as a mid range (600 yards) elk and deer rifle. I really like the feel of this rifle and hope is shoots as good as others I have seen. I plan to put it in a McMillan Gamescout eventually.

Hmmm... Nice rifle. I like the whole 1" MOA promise. Which is it 1" or 1 MOA? I guess the average buyer would never know the difference.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:32 AM
Bronze Member

Re: My new Tikka Superlight.

You'll love this gun I have a Superlight as well mine is in 308 and shooting the barnes ttsx 168 gr bullets I'm shooting outside measurements .621 and point of impact is .313. I would definitely recommend adjusting the trigger as low as possible it really shrank my groups up nicely enjoy the gun it is in my opinion the best shooting factory rifle on the shelf this is based of my opinion of the guns I sell daily.