Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My New Rig! Target pics now posted!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: My New Rig!

Yessir that is a Mcmillan, as far as the green shown up in the pics i tried my best to get it to but no luck... And wat do you mean its Bass ackwards Lefty's are the normal ones in the shooting world!! You righties are the ones with you heads not screwed on right!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:00 PM

great looking rig! can't wait to see the paper!
-Jake
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

Hey nice rifle. I'm working on a 300 WSM right now. Good luck and let us know how it shoots.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member

Sniper, nice stick. those black guns in the snow just have a look of "gonna get the job done"

it doesn't appear to have a pod-lock on the bi-pod. i would highly recommend getting one.

it seems to me that the righties are obviously the ones that have their heads screwed on "right"
Old 01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member

When you are ready to sell it, I'm ready to buy it. Good thing it's not backwards with the bolt handle on the right side.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

LOL if you want one that bad you'll have to go start your own project cause i aint waitin again.. well i went out an shot it on paper this weekend i know for a fact that the rifle will out perform me... my shootin as you can tell is a little rusty so i'll have to start doin some more quality practice time.. lol i pulled the one.... alot... lol... the 1st 4 shots are under .5 in ctc. shoots way better than my last rifle... ss7mm will hopefully post pics for me.
Have a good day,
Midget

Last edited by ss7mm; 01-20-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: My New Rig! Target pics now posted!

Looks like the 300 Win Mag suits you.

Am I seeing things, that fifth bullet hole looks very strange? Did you have the target at an agle or something to cause that oblong bullet hole? Looks like two bullet holes so you must have had it at an angle when you were shooting.

Was able toget out saturday with a 270 AM your familiar with. cleaned her up and found the rail base had been sliding back and forth. Put in four new longer screws and locktited them down and bedded the rail base to the receiver let them cure overnight so things would not slip any more. Headed out Saturday morning to retest it after a good bore cleaning. Launched 4, 150 gr Ballistic tips at 3520 fps. Not to bad at 1155 yards. Four shot groups meausured 7.4" ctc.

The wind got me on the third shot or it would have been a 3.5" class group. Again, not to bad at 1155 yards. Wind was pretty calm though, really good shooting conditions.

Anyway, glad your happy with your new rifle, with the componants used, it does not suprise me that it will be a shooter. Polish up on your shooting and I bet you will be keeping them in one hole all the time.

Now its time to get out to 1K and put her through her paces.

Keep us posted with your results.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com

Last edited by Fiftydriver; 01-21-2009 at 12:27 AM.