Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My new Long Range Rum... .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My new Long Range Rum... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
"It came directly from the Remington custom shop before they ever made a Sendero."

Not trying to bust your bubble but the Sendero came out in 94 and the RUM in 99.

JohnnyK.
They didn't chamber the Rum in a Sendero for sometime after which is why it came from the custom shop.

MY 7STW came from the custom shop for the same reason.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
When I get enough brass to do so I'll start loading for it.

As well as these are performing it'll be very hard to beat the performance of the Sciroccos.

I've also got a box of Federal Premiums I'm going to try in the same weight but again, I don't see how I can improve over this a whole lot.

I wasnt' even shooting off of a bench. Just hanging it out the window of the truck using the mirror for a rest... .

As for pictures I will get some but basically it just looks like a Sendero with a Muzzle brake. The things that make it special can't be shown because they are in the craftsman of the man who accurized it.

It's probably next on the list for a paint job though after I finish the .260.

I'm also going to send the scope in for tactical knobs and a TMR or Mil Dot reticle before it meets Mr. Cerakote.
I meant pictures if you get an elk. You can put the gun in the picture with the elk when you get one
Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil78 View Post
I meant pictures if you get an elk. You can put the gun in the picture with the elk when you get one
Ahh you can count on that.

There are at least three of us planning to do the trip so ya'll will probably get sick to death of hearing about it .... .
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Ahh you can count on that.

There are at least three of us planning to do the trip so ya'll will probably get sick to death of hearing about it .... .
yup, u can expect it.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Well it's been a week now and I already miss that gun but I still have it's little brother to shoot. It's identical but in 7 RUM and a little more work done to it. Shot it today and I'm still pleased I kept it insted of the 300. I'm glad your happy with it. I wouldn't worry too much about booking an elk hunt. Go bigger. Take it to Alaska and shoot grizzlys. Some may say it's too small but accuracy makes up for that. I also sent the scope box to the dealer. I hope you got that. He didn't know if they would ship it with it. A dot would be nice in that scope. Well stay lucky and shoot straight cause if you miss it's not that guns fault. Ha.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

Great story. I hope you get a once in a life time bull on that hunt. I find that 99% of the people on these sites are great humans and like to help out when they can. I really enjoy buying and selling used guns. It allows me to get rid of things I don't need and give the firearm a chance to do what it was intended to do. And you can get some nice deals on hardly used equipment. Not to mention the ability to interact with like minded people.

Wildrose, I would consider trying to load up some rounds using 200+ grain bullets.