Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My friend Stacy's HUGE bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
My friend Stacy\'s HUGE bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from another awesome moose hunt. My two buddies who helped me pack out my big bull this year and I went up north to have another go at moose. This time my buddy Jess brought his wife Stacy along. She spotted this brusier and we put the stalk to him. At 317 yards we couldnt get any closer to him w/o spooking him. After breaking down some small trees in front of her, I positioned her behind a small tree that she could get a good rest. Jess told me the rifle was 0 at 100 yards. I tiold her to aim right at the top of his hump. When the 300 win mag spoke he dropped instantly!!!

57" with 4 and 5 brow tines. One h?!# of a fine trophy if you ask me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My friend Stacy\'s HUGE bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic! Great looking bull and a bunch of happy looking hunters.

What did those happy looking hunters look like after you finally got the bull out of the bush? Everybody still happy and smiling or worn out and droopy. That looks like a lot of work but well worth it.

Two moose for two. Sounds like you’ve got it down pat. Any plans for another one or two this year?

Was this Stacy’s first moose? Sounds like she made a really great shot and really put the hurt on him big time.

Congratulations to you and all the crew. Also thanks for another great picture.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

With team effort and hard work Heath, Jess and I pretty much have cutting and packing down pat!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is Stacy's 2nd bull. Her first was a spike fork. She comes from a large family and always did the cutting and packing while everybody else did the shooting. This was a long time coming for her. She certainly deserved him. Jess told me to get ready. I said ready for what?? He said back her up. I just laughed and said Im not backing her up. Just as I figured, she put the hammer to him!

The guys and I are going after Mtn Goat next month but we are done for moose. On the last day I rolled my 4 wheeler and tweeked the muscles in my back so I am taking it easy for a couple of weeks.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:37 AM
SPONSOR

Great bull!!! Your going to put Lerch into an irreversable state of depression if you keep posting these moose pics!!! Especially since this one seems to be in a charred forest.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:51 AM
SPONSOR

I am congratulating you through my own tears [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good Job and like you said that is one hell of a bull.
That is pretty nice she was able to put him down in one shot as well.

Good Job and Congrats
Steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Silver Member

Indeed that is one hell of a bull. Not to mention a one shot kill on a moose of that size just adds frosting to the cake.

However, I still think that a woman in Alaska is more of a rare find than a 57 inch moose. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I heard a stat the other day that there is 1 woman to every 7 men in alaska.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

meichele,
Congrats... Curious to know, what bullet did she use? Did it come out on the other side?
Nice animal, nice picture, nice bunch!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!