Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

My Antelope Hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: My Antelope Hunt

What would it take to get an antelope tag for Wyoming? It is getting more and more difficult here in Colorado (even for a doe tag) and I need to start exploring alternatives. It seems there is plenty of antelope and lots of public land, what is the process and deadlines for getting a non-resident license?

Old 11-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Silver Member

To get an antelope permit you first have to get an application from the Wyoming DNR (I'll try to find their number for you). Their application is somewhat confusing and appears to have been written by a bunch or drunk politicians. You do however need to know where you're gonna hunt. You'll need the hunt area number when you place your application. Applications are due, sometime early next year. When you send in your application you MUST overnight it. We missed the deadline one year because the US snail mail took 17 working days to get it there. Some people have told me that their applications have taken even longer.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

Hello QuietHunter,

Shoot me an email, <gholmes@vcn.com>, and I'll send you the appropriate links for the WY G&F.

I would be more than happy to help you select an area if you so desire.

There are a couple of good areas that have reasonable draw ratios. If a 14-15" goat will put a smile on your face then things are simplified. Both areas will facilitate a long distance shooter.

Unless a feller is dead set on a trophy class buck, there is still a lot of public land available to the working stiff with good populations.

Let me know what you think and keep in touch.

Regards,

~Holmes