Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Muzzle break

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Silver Member

Re: Muzzle break

Drop this guy a line, ROSS SCHULER rem40xb1@msn.com . He hooked my son up with a brake for his gun. He will turn it to what ever diameter you need. Super fast and first class service as well and you wont find a better price anywhere!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako7STW View Post
Drop this guy a line, ROSS SCHULER rem40xb1@msn.com . He hooked my son up with a brake for his gun. He will turn it to what ever diameter you need. Super fast and first class service as well and you wont find a better price anywhere!
There's simply no one I'd rather do business with than Ross. He's a great guy. Unfortunately he can't modify his design to meet my "no ears" requirement. Too many of my shots are just a matter of seconds from seeing the target to losing it and I dont' have time to find plugs or muffs and get them on.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
There's simply no one I'd rather do business with than Ross. He's a great guy. Unfortunately he can't modify his design to meet my "no ears" requirement. Too many of my shots are just a matter of seconds from seeing the target to losing it and I dont' have time to find plugs or muffs and get them on.

+1 on the no ears policy!
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
+1 on the no ears policy!
Trust me it's not a matter of choice for me.

Most of my shooting is done from the truck and from the time I see my target 90% of the time I have less than thirty seconds to stop the truck get the rifle ready and pull the trigger or they are gone.

Even an extra five or ten seconds to find ear protection means a missed opportunity.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

JP Rifles

My favorite for 7mm up. Good looks, no dust storm, very effective , if installed to the proper depth you can clean the crown without removal and good looks.

I have used probably at least 8 of these and I am sold.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Silver Member

SOOOO many brakes to choose from.. I dont know what Im going to get! haha
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member

Cory, I forgot the name of the break that you have on your 7mmWSM Gap??
Wild Rose I understand where you are coming from, for me the noise isn't bad, what I need is low recoil!! How bad does your 260 kick? I have started a new build and it is a 260 Ackley Improved, I am planning o0n shooting 140gr Berger VDL's.
Sorry for hijacking the post, I am looking for a Real Good Break.
Greg