Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Muzzle break

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Silver Member

Muzzle break

Putting together parts to build new LR shooter with Broughton 7.5 light varmint 5-C 1-10 twist 28 inch barrel .308 on Weatherby action in new manners MCS-TA stock.
Question is what muzzle break should I use for prone shooting??
Charlie
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Muzzle break

Muscle break from the retail shop on this site.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

You could do one of these also. Considering this for my next build or even for my current rifle: American Precision Arms
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldoc View Post
Putting together parts to build new LR shooter with Broughton 7.5 light varmint 5-C 1-10 twist 28 inch barrel .308 on Weatherby action in new manners MCS-TA stock.
Question is what muzzle break should I use for prone shooting??
Charlie
Give the Shrewd Varmint Brake a ride and you'll love it.

VARMINT BRAKE - Brownells

Very easy on the ears, side discharge, and virtually eliminates muzzle flip. I have on on my .260 and I can see my impacts even at 100yds.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Give the Shrewd Varmint Brake a ride and you'll love it.

VARMINT BRAKE - Brownells

Very easy on the ears, side discharge, and virtually eliminates muzzle flip. I have on on my .260 and I can see my impacts even at 100yds.

Hey guys.. I am very sad right now. haha

I really like the Muscle brake and the Varmint brake that you have provided in the link above.. but my barrel is a little thinner than I thought it was. the barrel diameter is a ridiculous .604!!! Are their any muzzle brakes that will fit such a thin barrel?!
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Official LRH Spponsor

Talk to George.These are what we run on our hunting guns.

Aztek Arms

Old 01-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
Hey guys.. I am very sad right now. haha

I really like the Muscle brake and the Varmint brake that you have provided in the link above.. but my barrel is a little thinner than I thought it was. the barrel diameter is a ridiculous .604!!! Are their any muzzle brakes that will fit such a thin barrel?!
I haven't seen many of the inline brakes that are very effective other than this one.

OPS Muzzle Brake Stainless Installed

Extremely effective brake but brutal on the ears especially for anyone around you.

Just about any of them can be tapered down to match your barrel diameter and look nice.