Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Re: muzzle brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Good article here on several different comps.

Based on his testing I think I'm going to try the TTI on my 7mm STW.

http://www.multigunmedia.com/pk-compensation.pdf

If it works as expected I may well try it on a couple of my other rifles as well.

Called the guy today about the TTI eliminator and it looks like they are having trouble keeping up with orders. He said they currently have over 30 people on a waiting list and couldnt give me a date of when I could expect them to be in. Think I am just going to look into the APS Painkiller
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg333 View Post
Called the guy today about the TTI eliminator and it looks like they are having trouble keeping up with orders. He said they currently have over 30 people on a waiting list and couldnt give me a date of when I could expect them to be in. Think I am just going to look into the APS Painkiller
There's a reason people are lined up waiting... .

Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

Get the painkiller and dont look back. You'll never regret it!

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Silver Member

Don't know if you have decided on a brake or not yet but I promised an update in my earlier post so here goes. GET A PAINKILLER I just shot 60 rounds out of a gun that previously I was lucky to get a dozen out of before. It has tamed the recoil on my 358 Norma mag down to being about the same as my 270, I was spotting my own impacts as close as 200 yrds even with really hot hunting rounds. The muzzle blast wasn't noticable by me, there were no other shooters near me so I can't say what it would be like for other shooters on either side. Noise levels weren't really that bad, yes it was louder but not to the point where I thought that I needed to double up on the hearing protection. The only downside I see to it so far is I'm gonna start going through a lot more powder now in this gun, it really has become a dream to shoot. good luck in whatever one you choose
Old 07-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Silver Member

The TTI is probably optimum for smallbore with not too much powder, like the AR round. I'm curious as to how it does with a larger round. Wild Rose, when you get yours please inform as to its performance on your STW. I wonder at what powder charge the SD of the baffles is maxed out and at its limit making larger powder charges pointless. (not sure if those are the correct terms, but you get the idea)
Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good View Post
The TTI is probably optimum for smallbore with not too much powder, like the AR round. I'm curious as to how it does with a larger round. Wild Rose, when you get yours please inform as to its performance on your STW. I wonder at what powder charge the SD of the baffles is maxed out and at its limit making larger powder charges pointless. (not sure if those are the correct terms, but you get the idea)
Will do. He better hope I like it, if I do I have a couple of more candidates to try one on.