Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Silver Member
Re: muzzle brake

Originally Posted by kiwhite View Post
Order it from shawn carlock @ defensive edge. I have 3 on my rifles and have sold about a dozen more as shooters have seen and felt their performance. In prone they won't blow the dirt up in your face ( no ports in the bottom ) and the design helps hold down the muzzle very effectively. You can watch the bullet vapor trails to your targets @ 1000 yards thru the rifle scope.
Nuff said. You won't be disapointed.
I agree completely. My DE brake is nice and I've shot Vais and various other custom brakes. All have their place, but the side baffles are excellent in the dirt. Of course, this isn't news to anyone.

Be careful going with the might get sucked down the drain!

Unread 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Re: muzzle brake

Originally Posted by jmason View Post
Jim- let us know how they work out, and maybe post us some pics too.

The new brake is on my site, go to the parts/suppliers page

The brake is made by a local cnc shop. all the consentricity cut are made in one set-up on a cnc lathe so run-out is held to very tight tolerances. The second set-up is in a cnc mill where the 3 ports are cut.

The surface finish on these brakes is excellent,

1" diameter
2.015" long
3 ports x5/16 wide
.250 thru hole
.100" thread relief
5/8 x 24 tpi

I designed the brake with a running thread into the first port. This allows a clear view of the crown for inspection and cleaning. (as seen in the pics) I also included a thread relief in the brake so it does not need to be cut into the barrels thread tennon. The port width is 5/16" to take advantage of the larger surface area in the baffle. This brake is not magically new. It was a design that was inspired by 3 other brakes that I have used in the past, incorparating the best features of each, into a product that met my needs for an effective design that is installer and user friendly.

For more info go to;
Center Shot Rifles (Pittsville, WI)
and view the parts/suppliers page.
Brakes are in stock and ready to ship.