Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Mulies in Wyoming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Mulies in Wyoming

I am looking on some info on Mulie hunting in a certain area of Wyoming (terrain, avg size of deer, weather, etc.). My hunting buddy and I are trying to plan a trip up there next season. We have a "friend of a friend" who is looking at giving us a pretty good deal on a private land hunt. We are still in "negotiations", but I believe it will be a pretty good deal. We are not going to have a guide, but we will get to stay in his bunkhouse and pretty much have free range of the ranch. The ranch is mainly a cattle operation and just started letting some guys hunt on a land access fee type of thing.

The area is around Jay Em, Wyoming, which is just south of Lusk. I believe it is unit 16 in Goshen County. Anyone know the area or anything about it? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I need a good WALLHANGER out of my first mulie hunt!!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

It's rugged terrain and a few flat open areas, with lots of draws. There is also a few river bottoms. I assume you will be hunting around October. Average high 66, average low 27.
Average Weather for Jay Em, WY - Temperature and Precipitation

Live Local Search
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Bronze Member

Diderr: The video clip attached to your reply is inappropriate and does a great disservice to this forum and all its members. Please remove it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa45 View Post
Diderr: The video clip attached to your reply is inappropriate and does a great disservice to this forum and all its members. Please remove it.

I see nothing wrong with it...........in fact I liked it so much, I just made it my screen saver...............We need to stop being so PC!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Bronze Member

I thought it would be obvious, but apparently I need to explain the reason for my comment. It's not about being PC. Those sorts of images only make the ant-gun, anti-hunter crowd more convinced that you and I and other serious gun enthusiasts are all just a bunch of psychopaths and Rambo wannabes. We don't need to add more fuel to their fire.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa45 View Post
I thought it would be obvious, but apparently I need to explain the reason for my comment. It's not about being PC. Those sorts of images only make the ant-gun, anti-hunter crowd more convinced that you and I and other serious gun enthusiasts are all just a bunch of psychopaths and Rambo wannabes. We don't need to add more fuel to their fire.
srry, i just think it's funny. If it really makes you feel that way I can change it.
edit: (changed)

Last edited by diderr; 01-19-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjordan View Post
I see nothing wrong with it...........in fact I liked it so much, I just made it my screen saver...............We need to stop being so PC!!!!!!!!!
wow!!!!!!!!!! before i read the rest of the replies i sat here and watched that clip for 10 mins. laughin my ***** off,,,i cant believe that offended anyone