Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Montana Deer and Elk Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Montana Deer and Elk Hunting

There is a wealth of great people out here. Get involved with your community, a shooting club and you will find people more than willing to share their knowledge and hunting areas. It is a great place and even with the occasional idot.

Unread 12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Bronze Member

First, I would like to thank ATH for his remarks about out of state hunters, next I would like to tell all you crybabies to get FU__ED!!!! I spend 6 or 7 thousand dollars every time I come to montana hunting in your state alone. Not to mention the 1500.00 I pay for a tag, I respect your state, your wildlife, and your residents. There are just as many idiots that call montana home as there are out of staters. So please next time you want to bash someone dont bash people who Give jobs to guides, butchers, gas station attendants ect. Not to mention the last time I was there trying to send my elk rack home at a local pack and mail in Livingston one of your perfect montana residents attacked me calling me a killer!so I had to explain to her how mutch we help YOUR local economy and wildlife with our out of state $$$$ !!
Unread 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapycapy View Post
First, I would like to thank ATH for his remarks about out of state hunters, next I would like to tell all you crybabies to get FU__ED!!!! I spend 6 or 7 thousand dollars every time I come to montana hunting in your state alone. Not to mention the 1500.00 I pay for a tag, I respect your state, your wildlife, and your residents. There are just as many idiots that call montana home as there are out of staters. So please next time you want to bash someone dont bash people who Give jobs to guides, butchers, gas station attendants ect. Not to mention the last time I was there trying to send my elk rack home at a local pack and mail in Livingston one of your perfect montana residents attacked me calling me a killer!so I had to explain to her how mutch we help YOUR local economy and wildlife with our out of state $$$$ !!
First of all I'm not impressed with how much $$$ you claim to spend here in Montana. BFD!!
Second , I'm not sure any Montanan would give a squirt of warm pi$$ for your dollars or attitude.
Do you honestly think your one trip through Montana will keep that butcher shop or gas station open for another year? NOT.
I know of many Outfitters that are out of staters as well. So I guess your not helping us out that much now are you?
Try hunting closer to home next year.

Unread 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
First of all if you look at the post I made I noted that it was not just a problem with out of state hunters but in state as well. There are enough idots to go around regardless of where you are from. This is about slob hunters and not about where you live or how much money you have.

Now a person that thinks that paying $6000 or $7000 for a hunt entitles them to behave badly whille hunting is part of the problem. I hope that is not what I read but it sure sounded like it. Maybe you might cool down enough to write a post that might actually make some sense. But then again if you have enough money you can tell everyone else to get Fu*&(&* and do what you want.
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
F u and every other arrogant SOB just like that comes here and expects the NATIVE Montanans to kiss their ass,take all your money and hunt Africa,we dont need your kind here,take all the guides(mostly out of staters with a chip on their shoulder just like you) with you.Your $7000 goes to out of state guide services and already wealthy land owners,we could do without you just fine,we were doing just fine long before these overpaid guides started raping dimwits like you for $7000 for a hunt you could have done on your own for $500.YOU are the reason the locals hate out of state hunters,YOU are the reason we get invaded by guides from all over that try to run us off public land with threats and intimidation,YOU are the PROBLEM,YOU are a perfect example of the idiots we have to deal with every year,thank you for proving our point.

Last edited by NONYA; 12-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Bronze Member

Now a person that thinks that paying $6000 or $7000 for a hunt entitles them to behave badly whille hunting is part of the problem. I hope that is not what I read but it sure sounded like it. Maybe you might cool down enough to write a post that might actually make some sense. But then again if you have enough money you can tell everyone else to get Fu*&(&* and do what you want.[/quote]

I didnt say that my $ intitles me to behave badly, I was trying to make a point that not all out of staters are not unethical slobs and pigs like some of you people are making us out to be. Read my post and it said " respect your state your wildlife and its residents"!!
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

As a MT native resident I can say that the locals feel a little stepped on when someone from out of state shows up in an area that we have spent years learning, and cultivating. Shows up in this area because someone else gave them a topo map of the area and told them to hunt there. They may be nice enough guys, but I personally don't want anything to do with them in my hunting spot. I don't share my hunting spots w/ most of my friends, nor do they w/ me. Around here you have to find your own way. That's how it is. That's why I said to Links that I shouldn't even ask about where he was hunting. He and I could turn into good buddies, but I guarantee he doesn't want to see me any where near his hunting spot next year just because I figured out where he hunts on the Internet.

Hunting spots are a touchy thing. It's hard enough to take when another resident finds his way into my spot. It's that much harder when a foreigner shows up in my spot because he somehow found it on a map.

I wish all other hunters the best, just not in my spot.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.