close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Montana Deer and Elk Hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Montana Deer and Elk Hunting

Thank you Sendaro.

I'm not just blinded by personal bias.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
    Unread 12-24-2008, 05:44 PM
    Banned

Just remeber that hapy character is one of the people Im talking about,hes an arrogant troll with no idea what hes talking about.He comes here once a year for a few days,wastes a bunch of money and then spends the rest of the year bragging about it.Then hes going to tell us Montana NATIVES how things are,add him to your ignore list and you wont have to read his crap,I only have to when you quote him! Merry Xmas guys,hope to see you HUNTERS back here in 09!

Unread 05-24-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm new to this site but I have read all the posts and I would like to say that I have hunted all the Western states. I went to college in Idaho and made friends from Montana, Colorado, Wyoming and Oregon so when I get invited to hunt with residents from these states I feel blessed. I feel that I'm a good outdoors man and respect the land and the residents but there are always a bad apple in every bunch the same goes for the residents of all of the states that I have hunted. I was lucky do get my combo tag for Montana last year and hunted BLM land off Highway 2 between Libby and Kelispell stayed at a cabin that my friends parents own 20 miles in. I did not spend a bunch of money and did not hire a guide the weather was very warm for the end of November as you locals can remember. I was able to harvest a nice white tail but no elk. I two problems that brought me back in to town I blew a tire and had to drive to Kelispell to replace it and my buddy and I were cleaning the Mule deer that he harvested and he cut my finger and the tendon so I went in to Libby to the ER. My point is that I was treated so nice by all the locals I would have never known there was any problems between the locals and the out of staters in fact I think out of all the states I have hunted that Montana had the nicest people I have met in the last 20 years that I have been hunting out of state. So when you see my truck and you see my California plate before you key my doors remember some of us are good guys.
    Unread 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
    Banned

Such a "good guy" that with your very first post you suggest that the locals of MT would destroy private property just because it has an out of state plate on it.?
    Unread 05-25-2009, 11:07 PM

That part was a joke. But back in the early 80s in Oregon that was being done to California plates all the time.
    Unread 05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
    Banned

Never seen anyone treat OOS's with anything but respect until they show themselves to deserve something else around here.Most of my hunting partners are not from this state,I have more problems here with the guides who are catering to the OOS's than anything else.
    Unread 05-25-2009, 11:29 PM

Like I said in my post I met some of the nicest people in my 4 trips to Montana. I wanted to come back this year after the warm winter we had last year in NW Montana the wild life dept is one of the best in the US I could not belive they extended the season last year that is good mangament. But we will be hunting Colorado GMU 25 26 The white river nat forest. No guide we hunt DIY I do spend a lot of time on the computer talking to good people like your self and getting as much info as I can about the area I will be hunting. Iwill be back in Montana hunting 2010 but I will be at the same cabin as I stayed in 08 this summer for some fishing and visiting.