Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Missouri Breaks Muleys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Missouri Breaks Muleys

Samson, more mulies to the south than to the north of the Milk river.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:05 PM

Big E,
Looks like a wall hanger to me! I'm beginning to plan my first Mule Deer hunt for next year. Great job!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:57 PM
SPONSOR

BigE, I don't know how much you and your bud's practice long range shooting, but I have personally taken 3 different hunters from MI. They were all absolutely terrible shots past 175 yards. In fact they missed some EASY shots under 100 yards. It's the most pathetic shooting I have ever seen. I hunt with a lot of different people from a lot of places those MI boys were the worst shots of the bunch. I'm only saying this to emphasize that you need to practice your shots over 200 yards BEFORE you waste all your time and money out here. You will get shots as far as you care to shoot and some further. Just make sure you and your pard's are up for the task.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BigE, I don't know how much you and your bud's practice long range shooting, but I have personally taken 3 different hunters from MI. They were all absolutely terrible shots past 175 yards. In fact they missed some EASY shots under 100 yards. It's the most pathetic shooting I have ever seen. I hunt with a lot of different people from a lot of places those MI boys were the worst shots of the bunch. I'm only saying this to emphasize that you need to practice your shots over 200 yards BEFORE you waste all your time and money out here. You will get shots as far as you care to shoot and some further. Just make sure you and your pard's are up for the task.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:29 PM
SPONSOR

uncyboo, the buck in the photo I posted, I shot at 30 yards. I prefer to get close, but I'm prepared to take longer shots if the need arises. You have to love those 50 yards and closer shots. However, I think the guy that posted this thread said they were specifically looking for long range opportunities. They will definitely get them in this country, but I personally still get a real kick out of getting within bow range and then introducing them to my rifle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Bronze Member

I dont think MI has a monoply on people that cant shoot. Besides I have seen BigE shoot and he can hold his own. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
BTW I have bee out to the area in question twice. Once out of Winnet and they other time out of Hinsdale. Longest shot was 200 yards or so.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM

The "Amen" was for the need for everyone who intends to shoot game at longish ranges need to have plenty of "trigger time". I killed this deer last year (last day of season) just east of Fort Peck. Range was about 75 yds. Rifle is an AR-10 in .243Win. That's one of the great things about this area of Montana. You will have the opportunity to take a shot "as far as you can see", but a lot of times there is enough definition in the terrain to get about as close as you want, too.