Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan TPR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Silver Member

McMillan TPR?

Anyone familiar with the (new?) McMillan TPR (Tactical Precison Rifle) stock?

Thoughts?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Silver Member

Re: McMillan TPR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
Anyone familiar with the (new?) McMillan TPR (Tactical Precison Rifle) stock?

Thoughts?
Been wondering about this one myself. I like pistol grips...but that thing is NOT attractive haha
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
Been wondering about this one myself. I like pistol grips...but that thing is NOT attractive haha
Really? What do you not like about it - what things are not attractive?

I'm on the other end of the opinion continuum - i actually like it's appearance a lot, but i'm sorta 'eclectic' in my preferences

For me, i want a pistol-grip for the great ergo's, butt-hook sorta thing for helping stabilize and a more useful fore-end for more varied use in field-shooting positions.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Silver Member

I just dont like the "lines" on the forend and the cheek piece sticks out like a sore thumb unlike the A-5 styles. The stock doesn't look TERRIBLE like the howa 1500's stocks, but I just prefer the the other McMillan stocks. I will admit that it isnt as hideous as the A-TH stock they have... I almost puked when I saw it.
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I just dont like the "lines" on the forend and the cheek piece sticks out like a sore thumb unlike the A-5 styles. The stock doesn't look TERRIBLE like the howa 1500's stocks, but I just prefer the the other McMillan stocks.
gotcha. I'm not much a fan of those myself. However, they will be hidden under all my ghillie-flage so i won't notice them

Quote:
I will admit that it isnt as hideous as the A-TH stock they have... I almost puked when I saw it.
too funny!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Silver Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like some pretty "ugly" stuff and you never know. I may try a TPR one day. Ill take function over looks ANY TIME.

--Kirby Allen