Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Mcmillan or manners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 AM

Re: Mcmillan or manners?

Thanks for all the great advice from everyone. Your input is greatly appreciated. On that note would you say that the 6.5 284 would be a better choice for an all around hunting gun for deer and maybe elk?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

With the right bullet, the 6.5-284 is plenty for anything up to elk as long as its used correctly. I would not call it a 1000 yard elk rifle though. Deer on the other hand, its much better suited to long range hunting.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Gold Member

God I envy you guys that get to elk hunt so much, anyways back to the point, stockysstock.com is now stocking manners rifle stocks, check out their site for more details. Might sway your decision knowing that you could have one in a week or so compared to a year for a McM.

Manners Composite Stocks MCS-T2-DBM (Vertical Grip) - Remington 700 With Alumimum Detachable Magazine Chassis
Old 05-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Camshaft,

Not sure but I think your mistaken about the Manner stocks being in stock ready to ship. I see nothing on that page that says anything about there being any of these stock ready to ship.

The section that said "stocks in this box are in stock and ready to ship" has no stocks listed in the box.

IN two places it says Manner stocks take 12 weeks to get in, one places stresses that if you do not want to wait for 12 weeks, DO NOT ORDER a manner stock.

Not positive but this is how I read the page.

If you look at other stocks such as the HS Precision stocks, many of them have inventory lists on their section showing you what is in stock ready to ship, there are none for the Manner stocks that I could see, at least not the models I looked at.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Silver Member

I have both McM and Manners stocks and can't tell any difference in the quality.

However Manners has realistic turnaround times and will talk to you....
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Gold Member

They are just out of that current model. They keep their inventory updated. They have a couple other styles in stock. Just shoot them am email and they will let you know when they will have more in.