Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan Hunters Edge Stocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Gold Member

McMillan Edge

Bill, I did quite a bit of research with this type of stock over the last year and am having one put on my model 700 in 300 Win. I ended up going with Hill Country Rifles as they were highly recommended by McMillan. One thing Hill Country recommended was not to use the Edge stock with the Mag Calibers. They recommended using the Edge technology so the weight savings would be there, but to use the Remington Sporter style stock because it would handle the recoil better. This will also have a 1" decelerator pad installed. The gun was 7-5/8 lb. and according to Hill Country, it should weigh in at about 6-1/2 to 6-3/4 when complete. The other thing I am adding is the lightweight Talley one piece rings and bases, which should shave some more weight as well. McMillan runs about 4 months on their stocks, so plan ahead. Mine should be ready about April 1st. If you need more info, let me know.