Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

I have a question:
Is the almost $6000 price tag on this rifle worth it? I mean is the little better quality worth all that whopping amount of money? I cant get myself to accept the incredible outrageous price tag of some of their rifles.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member

You get what you pay for. The price of this rifle is in line with custom rifles at a gunshop. This is a custom rifle produced by a top manufacturer you can trust with a full return warranty if you are not satisfied. This is not a production run factory rifle. It is a custom hand made rifle. For top hunters wanting the kind of quality this rifle exemplifies with this type of warranty the price is appropriate.

You can take your chances on production rifles from other companies and may find a shooter after a few tries. This is a custom rifle with long range capability delivered to your door. A quality rifle that will deliver long range hunting performance for a lifetime if you take care of it. For dedicated long range hunters that want the best on expensive hunts to have the best opportunity for a once in a lifetime animal at long range most prefer a custom rifle like this. To produce one it is expensive because it is very labor intensive. I know because I have built them since the 1970's.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Official Sponsor of LRH

Nice response Don. I just have one thing to add. If you have to convince yourself that the quality is worth the money, then it's probably not the rifle for you. Which is okay, we don't expect every gun enthusiast to buy a rifle from us. We just want to provide the best rifle we can possibly build for those who want what we offer.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

I completely agree and hope one day to be able to purchase a gun from you guys. I don't think the price is bad at all. I'd pick a different stock, but the price is right there where it should be.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Gold Member

I want to thank you LTLR for a fantastic review of an incredible rifle. I walked into McMillen about 10 years ago because I was in the neighborhood and was treated to a full blown tour of their facility and the process behind making those incredible stocks. They really know what their doing over there.

I would also like to add that I have no problem with the cost of such a fine rifle, just a problem with my own income!!! I'll keep saving my change!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

I guess you cant buy a high quality rifle for under $5500 these days according to you guys. Everything else I guess is just junk lol
I think there are plenty of guys out there getting it done long range with custom rifles for around $2500-$3000
Hell you could walk out of the store with a savage and be ready to rock for $1000. You just wont have the "hey look at me" rifle thats all.

The Mcmillans are nice though, but the price is just way too much in my opinion.
There are many extremely good custom rifle makers out there for much less....no big deal though. Mcmillan will keep selling tons of rifles so thats good for them. I was just wondering why the high price.
I think the military deals make rifle makers look more appealing and get more people to want to buy for the military cool factor.

Its for sure a nice rifle though
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

There rifles are not for everyone but like cars not everyone drives a Mercedes. The old saying you get what you pay for comes into effect here also. My opinion.