Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

Wish you folks a speedy recovery!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle-mcmillan-017.jpg

Been trying for three hours to upload pictures. One at a time is the only way I can get them up right now so this is a test. Evidently my picture files are to large so we did this one as a test. I have dozens of pictures showing in detail the exceptional craftmanship with the different parts of this rifle.

This shows the Mcmillan EOL Outdoorsman rifle in the shipping case with the certificates for authenticity, warranty and quality that come with the rifle. The authenticity certificate shows the serial number and date of manufacture for each rifle.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle-mcmillan-024.jpg

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle-027.jpg

The first picture shows the overall beauty of the rifle. This rifle is chambered in 300 EOL magnum. It shoots standard 300 RUM cartridges however the throat has been modified for the 210 grain berger bullet to seat touching the lands helping to meet the long range capabilities of this rifle. Therefore the custom name change to EOL so the customer understands this is a custom chamber modified for long range shooting. The barrel is a 26" #5 fluted Schneider with polygon rifling in a 1-10" twist. Being a hunter I love a light easy handling rifle which has long range capability. The 26" barrel allows light, easy handling of the rifle while retaining velocity and accuracy for efficient long range kills. In the preliminary range testing this rifle is proving to deliver exceptional velocities and accuracy with 180-200 grain bullets. The polygon rifling increases velocity and causes much less deformation to the bullet which increases accuracy. This also helps when pushing vld target type thin jacketed bullets at high speeds to prevent them from coming apart in flight or prematurely on an animal. With the 300 EOL magnum this is important with the speeds it can produce with the lighter vld bullets.

The second picture shows the Vias muzzle brake which completely tames the recoil of this powerful cartridge.

Last edited by Long Time Long Ranger; 12-26-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member

Wow, very nice!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle-mcmillan-053.jpg

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle-032.jpg

These two shots show the professional quality of the bedding work within the stock. We all are very familiar with the quality of Mcmillan stocks throughout our industry and the ergonomic and functional designs they offer. Look closely at the bedding work and precise fit of the stock to the areas where the stock touches the rifle. This shows me how serious Mcmillan is to provide the absolute finest rifles available. All areas of the Mcmillan G-30 action are supported precisely and note the smooth quality work in the barrel channel of the free floated barrel. One of the many things that impress me about this rifle is the quality of craftmanship in areas that do not matter and are not seen such as the barrel channel and the bottom of the action which you will see in another picture. The bottom areas of the action are beautifully finished just like the exposed top side although you never see it unless you break the rifle apart as I did to check the quality.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Good looking rifle. Have you got any bullet group pictures at different distances? How about more info on speeds of bullets? Thanks for the info again.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Bill, I am collecting quite a bit of loading data and pictures of targets at various ranges. This thread I am going to show and tell about the rifle and then probably start another thread on the range report since it will be lengthy.