Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member

McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

As sevral of you know I have had a number of family emergencies over the past six weeks and have just returned home. I have just recieved the beautiful McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Rifle that came in last week. I just opened the case and was overwhelmed with the quality and attention to detail Mcmillan has put into this rifle. It is an absolutely beautiful rifle that oozes quality craftmanship from the ergonomic stock design and bedding/mating to the barreled action to the fine details of the EOL lettering. Some things I noticed immediately was how light, easy handling and well balanced the rifle was with the Nightforce scope that came with it. The action just glides with ease as I work it. The trigger breaks crisp and clean exactly where I like it for hunting purposes. Not to light or strong. The muzzle break is sleek and matches the rifle well not looking like an abnormal growth on the end of the barrel like some.

I am going to check the rifle out some today and provide details but just wanted to let everyone know I have recieved the rifle. Please reply with questions of things you want checked out about the rifle and I will get to as many as possible and report with exact details. Sorry I don't have anything exact right now but basically just wanted everyone to know it has arrived. And most of all how impressed I am initially by just opening the case and shouldering the rifle. The quality of top craftmanship and attention to detail is obvious right out of the case.

I will provide pictures along with detailed information later.

Last edited by Long Time Long Ranger; 11-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: McMillan EOL Outdoorsman Long Range Rifle

I can't wait to hear your review. I've been interested in this ever since I read about u doing a review. I can't think of any questions other than how it stack up in the accuracy dept.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

EOL TV had an episode last week of how Mcmillian builds their rifles. Very informative and impressive. I have been to the Mcmillian website but it looks like to get a price you have to contact them. Is there a round figure that you could give us for let's say a 300 win mag or 300 rum? looking forwrd to your review. Thank's, Brad
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

I just had to report this. Had to go to Riverton today and didn't get back until just before dark. We hoped we would get home in time to at least zero the rifle this evening. We had about 20 minutes before dark and my wife said lets just go shoot a group. The suspense was killing us. I had some accuracy loads for my personal 300 RUM and tried those. I boresighted and fired one shot a couple inches off. I adjusted the nightforce to hit a small mark I put above the bullseye where I wanted to hit. Next shot right through the mark. Then two more shots right through the first hole. Then it was dark. This rifle is way sweet. Recoil is not felt at all and not an issue with the 180 grain .6 bc cutting edge C-21 Bullets. Easily a quarter inch group in a hurry before dark. I am extremely impressed with my first impression of this rifle.

Sorry I got ahead of myself but the suspense of wanting to at least fire a round through this beautiful rifle got the best of us. I will try and get some pictures and specs of the rifle up tommorrow.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Silver Member

You mean, 2 more shots through the second hole?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like a shooter for sure. Any more than two bullets in one hole is very rarely a fluke or happenstance.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Silver Member

Does that gun come with a free class that you can take? I saw a show last night where a guy shot a buck at 980 is and 1050ish. He was using a 338 lapua and I think it was a mcmillian custom. Claimed he hit the deer twice but the first shot look like a miss.