Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

McMillan Coues Deer Special

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: McMillan Coues Deer Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
$5150? you get two at that price right?
These are American made, high quality firearms.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
These are American made, high quality firearms.

Tank
oh that explains it
Old 12-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMillan View Post
$5150
Not saying they are not worth it, just way out of my price range, I thought Surgeons were high at $4600

Wish someone could do a rifle for us blue collar guys, till then just have to stick with my Stevens/Savage builds, lol

Very nice rifle
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano5001 View Post
Not saying they are not worth it, just way out of my price range, I thought Surgeons were high at $4600

Wish someone could do a rifle for us blue collar guys, till then just have to stick with my Stevens/Savage builds, lol

Very nice rifle
I'm with ya. I think the Savage/Stevens line is the best blue collar build gun there is!
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
oh that explains it

I can see your initial sticker shock for sure... then I started thinking about the two full customs I have had built on Rem 700 actions (a 3rd in construction now on a Stiller). Both (with optics) are running high 6k if not right at 7k ready to hunt & that is on a Rem action.

So I guess the McMillan isn't as bad as I thought! Throw on a MK4 or a Nightforce & you're right in there with where I am on an inferior action... just food for thought...--------------------------------->
Old 12-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Official Sponsor of LRH

Thanks Outlaw, I had started two different posts to basically say the same thing you just said, but I felt discretion was the better .............. Well you know what I mean. I just want to make one comment. If we could sell our rifles for less and stay in business, we would. We do realize that unfortunately our pricing eliminates some potential customers.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome, at first I was one of those guys too. You see that price tag and "holy, good god!" is the first thing to come out, the only good thing is can say about building one yourself is being able to pay as you go... one piece here, one piece there. Which makes it WAY more viable for the "working man"

My 'smith has my action now, barrel just arrived at my house, stock is on order (good lord Manners takes forever) lol One piece at a time, then after nearly a year you have one bad mama without dropping several large at one time, which helps.

P.S. Kelly- Has there been any feedback from LTLR on the demo you sent out?