Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

March Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Bronze Member

March Scopes

Need some opinions on high powered scope optics..I have a 6-22 nightforce which I love but need more optic power to shoot further. Thinking like 45-60 power. Saw some March scopes at a shoot yesterday and had my currisotiy up on them. How do they compare to a nightforce target scope???
Long range varmits is my goal here.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: March Scopes

How many hundreds of miles are you gonna shoot that your NF @ 22X isn't gonna hack it?

Beyond so far a forward spotter becomes necessary, I would think.

I have the same scope and hope to reach to at least 3k yds with the rig.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Bronze Member

little hard to see the varmits far out.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

There will be a point where the trade off will be mirage. The higher the power the more the varmints will dance.

See mirage is not a 'bad' thing but there is a point where the enjoyment exits the varmint shooting session.

I'd say that your situation calls for the very best of optics and the best of reticle size.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Silver Member

March scopes compare very well to the Nightforce, but you would expect that at 2x the price. I would not get a fixed power though, get a variable for varmints.You would not be disappointed in the March.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Silver Member

Hi

March scopes are making in roads down under here in Australia. I have one on my wish list for a 7mm Dakota ABS barrel light weight build. . The new 3 to 24 42 FFP hunting is awesome as one of my buddies (Ridge Rider) has just taken delivery. He will be selling his 3 N/F scopes an replacing them with March optics.

Several top class F class open shooters are making the switch as well. The scopes are really bright and the new ED class is another notch above N/F IMO.. Aussie F open champ uses a March( he is a friend of mine and he swears by them). They are reportedly really bright and he has to use the supplied reducer ! Fancy a scope being to bright!

Ridge Rider has also taken delivery of a new 3 to 24 FFP March and just loves it!

Customer service is terrific .. Nothing is perfect and a reported issue was rectified in weeks not months . Yep they want your business....

They only cost several hundred more here than a n/ f but the illumination adds a few dollars.. I havent used the illumination on my N/F's so I dont think I will be ordering a March with it..

They are the new kid on the block so to speak..but I think they are here to stay. No wonder N/F are scambling to get a new model out..Oh yeah ...miles lighter and the new FFP hunting version makes a wicked Light weight LR out fit even better!

The hunting ones dont sufer from critical eye relief , early target version is eye releif critical(small window)

Yep I'll be buying one after these reports.. N/F may have some catching up to do!

Last edited by signature542; 05-10-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Try these 2 reviews. They will help you get a feeling on how good the March scopes are. If you are not familiar with Ilya, he is a very experienced gent and provides some of the finest reviews IMO.

High End Tactical Scopes: East vs West

High End Tactical Scopes: Part II