Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Manners new MCS-T2 stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Manners new MCS-T2 stock

Tom, what colors are you offering, how long will it take for you to build one, what will the barrel channel allow for barrel diameter, and action diameter too.

Wildcat
Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom, what colors are you offering, how long will it take for you to build one, what will the barrel channel allow for barrel diameter, and action diameter too.

[/ QUOTE ] All of our finish work is done by LTM - Larsontactical.com, You can pick any single color on his web page you want as a standard color. As of now we are about 8 weeks out on the new T2 stock, the first production run of stocks are spoken for. This stock will take upto a 1.35" straight barrel and still look good. We have inletted one for the lawton 8000 action which is 1.6" dia, but there is not much room on the sides of the action, maybe .100".
Old 05-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Tom, your stock looks awesome and at a very excellent price too.

Wildcat
Old 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Silver Member

I'm happy with my Manners GAT. I did a little modifying though, in the form of texture on the forend and building up the palm swell. After a little work it fits very well and is a very sturdy stock! Check out the torture test on snipershide.com.

Eventually I would like to have one of their lightweight stocks also.

Here's a picture of the GAT.

And its new paint job.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Bronze Member

I can vouch for the GAT stocks, I got mine delivered to England earlier this year and now all fitted onto a Sendero 300 Mag, it has transforemd the look and feel of the rifle, overall the stocks are beautifully made and excellent value for the money. I got mine with a textured paint finish which look great and is very functional.

Jonathan
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 PM

Tom ,
Thanks for your un-divided attention and willingness to do all you could to help me out when I got that huge gear reduction 55 Lb motor from UPS instead and the" T5A "was lost. Don Bitz was a big help too but as we hoped, it somehow found its way back to Don at Stockys and after 2 day air I finally got my sceptical paws on it...So finally it resulted in everything to everyone that should have gotton it.I don't know if I'll ever feel safe with UPS again...I think someone at UPS has it in for Don as the labels appeared to be dilberately ripped off at the UPS facility and placed onto another box which I got (the reducer) but any way Thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to willingly help me out even when it was not your problem..As I expected It is a great stock; incredibly strong and I can't wait till I get the rest of my project back to fit all together..The Surgeon 591 looks to be a good fit...Thanks sincerely..

And for my question finally does anyone know who makes a recoil lug with a 1.350" diameter to match a barrel of the same diameter?...Found one on brownells but I'm not sure about "Sunny hill" for quality... Tubbs and Badger I believe are 1.31" but can someone steer me? You would not believe the absence of info on this item..Thanks

Mark

Last edited by velocity-is-key; 04-20-2011 at 11:25 PM.