Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Lunarlope Reservations Available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Lunarlope Reservations Available

With myself being gainfully unemployed (often times referred to as retired) I have come to the sudden realization that 30 years of working for the govít didnít make me rich. Now then, having lots of time on my hands I have decided it is time to get rich quick. After some investigation, I have concluded that what we all need is some new hunting grounds and species to hunt. The only place available that is not already booked solid is the moon. Private passenger space travel is becoming more and more possible everyday but there is the problem with no lunar critters to hunt. This seemed a major setback to my plans of wealth, but after some concentration on the various approaches to the problem and discarding gene splicing, cloning and other emerging technologies I finally came up with a solution. All hunting would be longrange and being as there is very little gravity on the moon bullet drop would be minimal and with no atmosphere there would be no drag to slow the bullets down so it would be feasible to shoot animals at a range of up to 10 miles or so. At those ranges no ethical hunter would want to shoot at a moving animal so all the target animals would need to be very still. Problem solved.

So for a base price of $1.2 Billion I will provide transportation to the moon, guaranteed trophy animals and guide service. Here is a selection of the animals available:

First is the Gallileoian giraffe
Second is the lunarlope
Third is Meteornmule deer
Fourth is Crater buffalo

Fore those of you who are not steady enough in the off hand position to shoot 10 miles I will have a lightweight portable shooting table available

Old 03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: Lunarlope Reservations Available

You have WAY too much time on your hands [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

you just gotta find gainful emploment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
SPONSOR

Have you checked into a good psychiatrist? I think maybe you should [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].
Old 03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Gold Member

ahhaha, thanks for the laugh...good stuff.

I'll take a trip for 2, I'll pay you when I get back.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Silver Member

"working for the govít" ... I think I found the source of the problem here! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member

Geewhiz Jim ,

Get a grip willya ? We've got to go lope hunting in Wyo this fall. Roy is into all that fluid technology surely he can get you on as a consultant [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Well that was a fun way to start the day , waking up to find that your future hunting partner is going stir crazy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On the serious side ,how about a closer look at those joints on that table , where did you get them off a folding camp chair ?

Jim B