Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Luepold custom shop or Kenton Industries for turrets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Luepold custom shop or Kenton Industries for turrets?

I shot my own drop measurements at my 400 yd. range.

Drop chart. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

When I got my custom turret back from Vortex I went back to the range to test it.

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

After I had the arc of my bullet going down range proved to be accurate I went to Wyoming to hunt and while I was there I shot out to the limit of my turret which was 900 yds. and it was dead nuts accurate at every range.

Field test: Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST MOA FFP scope. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

gt40

PS: I gave the info for drops in inches plus temperature and elevation above sea level and the humidity. When I called Vortex to order the turret they adjusted all the other info to match my info and the arc my bullet makes going down range. In 5 days I had my custom turret and boy did it prove to be perfectly accurate.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Older thread... but fyi.

I had leupold create a turret with all my range card data that I gave them.... Each MOA reading I supplied, they engraved the said yardage that corresponded with it.

I knew it was right because when I got it, I counted the clicks. I never supplied bullet or bc or weight as far as I know.

+1 I've done this myself several times, not saying the Kenton isnt good but you can do the same exact thing with Leupold and they do a great job. Also if you buy a CDS scope they will send you a custom cap for free engraved to your specs.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Since Leupold also offers you the choice of what kind of turret you want cut for your load, I am thinking about getting them to make one up instead of Kenton Industries, who still haven't answered an email I wrote last week.

Has anyone used the Leupold Custom shop turrets?
Will Leupold just send you a turret or do you have to order it at the same time as the scope?

Thanks.
I was under the impression that Leupold custom turrets were made by Kenton industries in the first place. I very well could be wrong though.
Love the life in your bones while you've got it, Serve God while your able, and always remember that when you grow old and death comes calling, its not going to be the scars on your body or the memories that you've made that will be of concern to you; The only thing that will matter in that day is the state of your Soul.