Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Luepold custom shop or Kenton Industries for turrets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Luepold custom shop or Kenton Industries for turrets?

I shot my own drop measurements at my 400 yd. range.

Drop chart. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

When I got my custom turret back from Vortex I went back to the range to test it.

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

After I had the arc of my bullet going down range proved to be accurate I went to Wyoming to hunt and while I was there I shot out to the limit of my turret which was 900 yds. and it was dead nuts accurate at every range.

Field test: Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST MOA FFP scope. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

gt40

PS: I gave the info for drops in inches plus temperature and elevation above sea level and the humidity. When I called Vortex to order the turret they adjusted all the other info to match my info and the arc my bullet makes going down range. In 5 days I had my custom turret and boy did it prove to be perfectly accurate.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Older thread... but fyi.

I had leupold create a turret with all my range card data that I gave them.... Each MOA reading I supplied, they engraved the said yardage that corresponded with it.

I knew it was right because when I got it, I counted the clicks. I never supplied bullet or bc or weight as far as I know.

+1 I've done this myself several times, not saying the Kenton isnt good but you can do the same exact thing with Leupold and they do a great job. Also if you buy a CDS scope they will send you a custom cap for free engraved to your specs.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Since Leupold also offers you the choice of what kind of turret you want cut for your load, I am thinking about getting them to make one up instead of Kenton Industries, who still haven't answered an email I wrote last week.

Has anyone used the Leupold Custom shop turrets?
Will Leupold just send you a turret or do you have to order it at the same time as the scope?

Thanks.
I was under the impression that Leupold custom turrets were made by Kenton industries in the first place. I very well could be wrong though.