Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The LRKM is Just about ready for production

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Sponsor

re: The LRKM is Just about ready for production

The LRKM is not for everyone, I had one mission in mind when I started with it. THat was to build what I though was the most effective long range hunting platform that I could, looks were not even considered and still aren't. Reducing OAL was a key issue, increasing performance in both velocity relative to length and accuracy were also high on the list. It is true that the balance point is very neautral and shootingit offhand is quite easy. Position shooting is awesome compared to a conventional rifle. Glad you guys like it.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
Nice job. My pack gun w/26'' braked is 48'' long, and it just barely fits my up right carry in Jeep off roll cage. You have a very long barrel in a nice package, impressive ballistics also
Thats what SHE said!

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
The LRKM is not for everyone, I had one mission in mind when I started with it. THat was to build what I though was the most effective long range hunting platform that I could, looks were not even considered and still aren't. Reducing OAL was a key issue, increasing performance in both velocity relative to length and accuracy were also high on the list. It is true that the balance point is very neautral and shootingit offhand is quite easy. Position shooting is awesome compared to a conventional rifle. Glad you guys like it.
Also it might actually fit in a gun case. My Remy barely fits in the case and the case is so stinking big I practically have to trailor it to the range.

I like the looks of it almost like a space gun. I think it needs some kind of paint tho too much shiny.

Will it work with say AI mags? or is it single shot only?

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 02-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member

How does the rail/ scope setup stay accurate mounted on the free floating hand guard ?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Sponsor

The production version will be anodized in tan, black or OD green. Noe of them iwll go out in the "white". The tube is more then stiff enough to support the scope rail. You should note that the under side of the tube is supported by the stock for quite aways.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Sponsor

Here is the righthand view some of you asked for, showing the cheekpiece layout for a lefthand shooter. The cheekpieces come in 1/8" increments. As an update with the +P round the throating design is allowing us to use some other powders, we are currently testing a powder that is giving 3100 fps with the Berger 300gr Hybrid, ES of 6-8 fps, 1/4 moa accuracy, and single digit temperature sensitivity. I will release more on this later after we have completed testing as I do not want to prematurely release anything until I am sure it is the ticket (it does look extremely promising).

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Silver Member

Would that be R33