Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

LR get together Speed Goat hunt... info.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2002, 11:15 AM
*WyoWhisper*

LR get together Speed Goat hunt... info.

Ok after working out my schedual and talking to game and fish and hopefully getting onto the private land ( fingers crossed ) here is waht i have as of this morning.... details and finalization tommorrow..

Hunt will be Oct 1st ( ish ) for as many days as the group wants up until Oct 10th.

Bad news is that only 6 guys can apply as 1 group.

So I will not hunt..

I will help Butch make video or spot for hunters or whatever needs to be done to pull this off...

We can apply as 2 groups but the odds of both groups gettin tags is slim at best...

What I need are the Most serious of hunters that will send me the money on MONDAY!

I will fill out all the apps and send them in this way if there is a mistake you all can chew my ass.... ;-)

Like I mentioned before I am not charging my guest rates to you bunch of freaks but I do not want this to cost me money however, so my wife says that paying for food and a donation would help....My wife and I will do all the cooking unless y'all wanna help. The rest is up to you guys.. ( between me and you guys .. this is gonna be fun so I'm not all that worried...)
I hope some of ya drive out as I need help driving you guys to the areas to hunt with all the equipment and stuff....

ok I think thats it until tommorrow morning...
Old 03-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: LR get together Speed Goat hunt... info.

Ric-
What is the cost? I got my wallet out.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:53 AM
*WyoWhisper*

OK more info....

I talked to game and fish again.. loks like the areas around my place will only offer a 22% chance of drawing.. I have some other things in the works.. An area in Gelette..( private property ) and an area near Casper.. WAY much better draw percentage rate... Only thing is we'll be on the hook for motels and food, may have to pay a tresspass fee some places BUT..... still wil not have to hire outfitters so we still save bundles of money..
These hunts are Sept. and Oct times.

I NEED FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Silver Member

Sept. and october sound good to me. Here in Pa. the deer season doesn't start until Novemebr so our hunting schedule is wide open.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

O.K. Ric we still need to know the cost. and appox dates that way I can maybe tell my wife I'm going on a business trip [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Never been that far west would be a nice trip only about 1250 miles to casper how much further?

Wife says she needs another diamond. [/B] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2002, 11:13 AM
Silver Member

I have the feeling there will be a lot more than 6 people interested in coming.
Old 03-03-2002, 12:07 AM

Ric
Cody would have ben great but better odds of drawing a good idea.Dont see the motel & food being a major problem.Let me know the best way to get the funds to you for license.
That is if the others are interested in having the range impaired along=CJ